Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=nimrod link=topic=14163.msg129126#msg129126 date=1296301305]
Your link seems to be broken....internet explorer cant display it in its current form.
[/quote]

Sorry, I have updated the link in my original post. Thanks for letting me know as no one did.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am seriously considering the Archos 70 8GB tablet to replace the horrible SULI SL-7 rockchip 2818.

Can you guys give me some ideas as to what I can do with around $300.00-$350.00 in the tablet market? I don't want to have another BAD experience.

I am used to the responsiveness of my iPod touch (3rd gen), and this is the kind of experience I NEED to have with a tablet. Can this even be bought for this price? Are we talking something like the eLocity or the Viewpad 7?

Thanks.

Sorry MODS (please move / split topic if req'd)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@farleySC I would highly recommend the Archos 70. I do not have any experience wih the eLocity A7 but it does have a Tegra2 dual processor. However the A7 does not have true multi-touch. Its 1+1 or a 2 point touch. For the price, you can't beat the Archos. Just make sure you buy the 70 model & not the 7. Big difference.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Banned
19 Posts
Nice. I've been hearing a lot about Archos Tablets. I'll be sure to check-out to look over the review later today. Thanks for the review!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Pandigital just got returned, so I am seriously considering upgrading to this. My question; being that there is only about a $5 difference in price, which is better, the 8G (flash) or the 250G (hard drive) model?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Pandigital just got returned, so I am seriously considering upgrading to this. My question; being that there is only about a $5 difference in price, which is better, the 8G (flash) or the 250G (hard drive) model?
It is up to you. 250GB is more than you may ever need. I don't know if the hard drive model is thicker. It may also weigh more. Also the hard drive would be more prone to damage than the flash memory.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Father-in-law has the 250gb model, and the back where the hard drive is seems to bulge out a bit, making the back slightly curved in shape. Although it seems a good little model, he's experienced times where it freezes when accessing the content off the hard drive, wheather this is a problem with just his model or all the 250gb models i don't know..

I'm not too sure if this can be flashed with a new firmware to make it work any better or not, but would like to assuume that it would be..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts