Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i've seen a lot of devices like the "slatedroid" and i can't decide wich one buy.Have you seen this one?what would you do?
Hardware Performance
Processor CPU600MHz+DSP600MHZ
Processor frequency 1.2GHz
Memory FAST EPC DDR 128MB
Built-NandFlash 2G NAND FLASH (1.2G Available)
Expansion storage devicesTF card, Flash Drives (UP to 32GB)
LCD display 7 ?TFT touch screen, 800 ? 480
Touch Multi-Point Touch Screen
Internet support WIFI wireless Internet access to support
USB 2 X USB
Audio Built-in stereo speakers
Battery 2700mAH, 7.4V Li-ion batteries
Power adapter110 or 240V Input, 9V DC Output, 2A
Product Size237mm ? 125mm ? 14mm
Operating systemGoogle Android 1.5
GamesApplicationsDownload large quantity of applications and games
Editing toolsQUICK OFFICE

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
The specs look roughly the same, although it does pull ahead in a couple of key areas - but also lags behind in some others.The processor looks to be on the same level as the one in the Eken M001, albeit with the addition of an extra 600MHz DSP chip. I have absolutely no idea what this is used for, but I can't imagine it makes too much of a difference. The RAM also appears to be DDR1 whereas the RAM on the Eken is DDR2 clocked @ 800MHz which puts it on par with standard desktop computing components (apart from the fact it only has 128MB of the stuff).One clear advantage is the multi-touch screen, although if it's of the same type as the screen of the Eken then it will be a bitch to use. The stereo speakers don't make much of a difference as you'll want to be listening through headphones rather than the built-in speakers which will sound crap no matter how much work they put into them.The only other thing (apart from the fact that it looks to similar to an Apple product) is that it runs Android 1.5, whereas the Eken is currently running 1.6 + the added benefit of custom ROMs.I guess it all comes down to the pricetag. How much is it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its pretty much the same, 100-120 euros.If the speed is the same, then better the "slatedroid"

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
It has 2x USB ports which could be quite useful. Other than that I would go with the Eken due to the support of this community.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=Mike link=topic=38.msg118#msg118 date=1273788073]It has 2x USB ports which could be quite useful. Other than that I would go with the Eken due to the support of this community.[/quote]I think the same as you, but cant stop looking for other options
If you to alibaba.com you can be amazed with the variety of models.

·
Registered
92 Posts
[quote author=Mike link=topic=38.msg115#msg115 date=1273787372]The processor looks to be on the same level as the one in the Eken M001, albeit with the addition of an extra 600MHz DSP chip. I have absolutely no idea what this is used for, but I can't imagine it makes too much of a difference. [/quote]The DSP is used to offload video decoding and I hope HOPE some openGL processing. The VIA MW8505 is actually a WonderMedia chip http://www.wondermedia.com.tw/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=51&Itemid=23 they license both the ARM926EJ-S and a ARM11 core from ARM technologies and the MW8505 is based on the ARM926EJ-S which is the same core as is used in the Rockchip2808. It will be interesting to see how these devices preform head to head. Personally I have my money on the Rockchip (literally I just bought one of these), these guys have a history of making very fast devices and having a coprocessor is always a good thing. Of course in video processing the Rockchip will blow the WonderMedia out of the water, it has been shown to play 720P video at 2.5Mbit smoothly.As for memory bandwidth SD-RAM would be plenty to saturate these little processors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm enjoying my Slatedroid. Due to it's limitations and my limited budget it's basically a snazzy ebook reader at this point. However, my next tech gadget will be the Notion Ink Adam.http://www.notionink.in/adamtechspecs.phpI think this will be the iPad Killer if they can market it properly and get full native Google Marketplace support.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, that Notion Ink device looks pretty amazing. Hope they follow through with it. If it's cheaper than the iPad I might go for it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
thats the moonse e-7001, it comes in 128mb,256mb,and 512mb flavors (price going up respectively of course) I know where you can get the 256mb one for 220$. Its decent, and should have better performace, but of course it costs more XP

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
that moonse e-7001 looks good. is it possible to install a custom 1.6 or even 2.1 rom on it, once it's rooted? that should blow away al the negative of this product :)i've read it even has a HSDPA chip in it!

·
Registered
133 Posts
[quote author=D-Tronic link=topic=38.msg245#msg245 date=1273823970]In june they are releasing this. http://www.geek.com/articles/gadgets/ipad-clone-features-android-os-2-1-1ghz-arm-cortex-a8-2010055/It's an iPad clone but it's screen is 10.1 inch 16:9, it has Android 2.1, a 1 Ghz Cortex A8 (The iPhone 3GS and iPad use that same core, as well the the Snapdragon) Capacitive screen. 1024 x 600 resolution.In other words this thing is a beast. Once it's available I'll be looking into purchasing it.[/quote]that's the Zenithink?s ipad clone.maybe i shouldn't buy eken m001, but buy this one instead. if you see it available somewhere, will you make a notice on this forum?

·
Registered
446 Posts
moonse 256mb is not available now on the site i had...to bad...personally i dont like it because of the lack of buttons. Eken is supposed to be releasing another version of our tablet called the m003

·
Registered
133 Posts
i have a feeling all those devices are gonna split our nice, new community into hundreds of pieces.. we should be working on a few carefully selected devices, i think. eken m001 for sure. the m003 is the improved version of m001 (better battery life (3000mAh)) and it has an ipad look. so maybe this will be a nice new device too? probably not difficult to hack once the m001 is hacked.you can buy it already: http://www.pandawill.com/eken-m003-...-ebook-tablet-pc-umpc-mid-netbook_p35946.html

·
Registered
31 Posts
[quote author=speedfreak link=topic=38.msg277#msg277 date=1273836189]the m003 is the improved version of m001 (better battery life (3000mAh)) and it has an ipad look. so maybe this will be a nice new device too? probably not difficult to hack once the m001 is hacked.you can buy it already: http://www.pandawill.com/eken-m003-...-ebook-tablet-pc-umpc-mid-netbook_p35946.html[/quote]According to the item comments on that site, they give conflicting reports on the battery, at one saying 1600mAh, and 2100mAH further down. I also have to say...not a big fan of the design of this one. But then again, so far none of the wanna be iPad devices trying to emulate its screen dimensions have been that attractive to me. Larger screen than the M001, different aspect ratio, same resolution. I see other sites saying the 3000mAh battery, but the images on those sites show a completely different device.

·
Registered
31 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts