Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered an angled usb cable to start a small project to put a hub in my tab case. when it got here it didn't work. so i messaged the guy i bought it from and he gladly is sending me another. however now that im looking more i see some cables clearly labeled as OTG. is there a difference? could this be why it doesn't work? the one that came with my C93 has a loose wire inside somewhere and only intermittently works now. so im trying to figure out if i should buy another that is indeed marked as OTG. thanks everyone.

I posted this question here thinking that it might fall under compatibility and someone else might be able to learn from this. and i didn't see another place this question seem to fit lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well no luck. Ordered another 90deg angle OTG plug and it wasn't one either. Getting frustrated with this project.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi.
USB OTG is a new standard from USB-IF that enable host and device roles swapping within the connection. That was not allowed in USB 1.1 and USB 2.0.
Short for USB On-The-Go, an extension of the USB 2.0 specification for connecting peripheral devices to each other. USB OTG products can communicate with each other without the need to be connected to a PC. For example, a digital camera can connect to a PDA, or a mobile phone can connect to a printer or a scanner, as long as all the devices are USB OTG-compatible. USB OTG grew from the increasing need for portable devices to be able to communicate with each other as the culture of technology moves away from a PC-centric world. One of the important features of USB OTG is that the standard does not require a host PC in order for the devices to communicate. USB OTG devices, known as dual-role peripherals, can act as limited hosts or peripherals themselves depending on how the cables are connected to the devices, and they also can connect to a host PC.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not quite the answer I was looking for lol. It was more of a "how is the cable different" question. But I found the answer elsewhere.

Sent from my Zenithink C93 H6-2F using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well on an otg cable pin 4 and 5 have been bridged together so the device recognizes it. Not an easy task unless you're used to soldering and or modding stuff you have laying around the house like me. I would mod a right angle mini usb to otg but it defeats the purpose of getting one in a 90 degree angle. And although most places selling these angled cables claim them to be otg I haven't found one yet that really is.

Sent from my Zenithink C93 H6-2F using Tapatalk HD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts