Android Tablets Forum banner
221 - 240 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Try this, to confirm that nvflash really works: Make a backup of your current recovery via nvflash e.g.
Code:
nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --read 11 recovery-backup.img
. Same as metioned on the first page. Then flash a differnt recovery via update.zip, CWM 5.5 Touch for example(link). Reboot to recovery to comfirm that it changed to whatever you flashed.
After that flash your backed up recovery via nvflash again e.g.
Code:
nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --download 11 recovery-backup.img
, then boot into recovery and see if it changed back to whatever you're using now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Try this, to confirm that nvflash really works: Make a backup of your current recovery via nvflash e.g.
Code:
nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --read 11 recovery-backup.img
. Same as metioned on the first page. Then flash a differnt recovery via update.zip, CWM 5.5 Touch for example(link). Reboot to recovery to comfirm that it changed to whatever you flashed.
After that flash your backed up recovery via nvflash again e.g.
Code:
nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --download 11 recovery-backup.img
, then boot into recovery and see if it changed back to whatever you're using now.
Thanks....NVflash works correctly!

·
Registered
14 Posts
it's somewhat easy procedure and it seems to me you'r doing right

root can be achieved installing trough recovery almost any custom rom, or flashing from cwm recovery the included file
Which rom can I install???
I've tried to flash the file with "cmw recovery 2.5.1.1-bekit-0.8" but I read on the tablet "Error, Installation aborted".

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
kernel command line needs change to point to proper sd.. image has to be prepared to be flashed with nvflash over android partition.. other modifications have to be made probably.. not simple

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi all.

I've been using hannxubuntu from v3 with bodhilinux, quite stable, but recently I upgraded to Smoothbean JB and thought it was time to upgrade hannxubuntu to v5. I faced several issues with v5 and rootfs and modules (permission issues) that I fixed. Anyway hannxubunt doesn't start, kernel boots properly but get stucked when waiting for root just before load xbuntu image framebuffer. No matter how I try, reinstalling more than 10 times, reflasing kernel and lastly I've tried with v4 kernel. No way.

BTW hannxubuntu v3 worked with Smoothbean so I don't think it is a JB upgrade problem. And I've tried with ext3 only because it worked with v3. I'm on 53 model.

Does anybody has some clue?

Thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
next step will be hardfloat kernel and os filesystem ... but i'm out of time this fall.

@pepelillo

try to extract microsd and read the logs in /var/logs.. they often give clues about problems in almost-booted stage

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,
Does someone have the original files which were posted in post #1 (v5 should be perfect).
I would love to have native ubuntu running on my tab.... but all the original links are broken

next step will be hardfloat kernel and os filesystem ... but i'm out of time this fall.

@pepelillo

try to extract microsd and read the logs in /var/logs.. they often give clues about problems in almost-booted stage

·
Registered
2 Posts
they are working perfectly
use Xubuntu if you don't want to get mad
Hi,
Sorry you are right.... had some configuration issues
dropbox downloads where proxied to my own webserver

Downloads are working perfectly!

By the way... i've untarred the rootfs for precise... and flashed the kernel
But the boot hangs at "Done setting line discpline"

Flashing kernel was only working on partition 10, partition 11 didnt do anything.. CWM was still starting in recovery mode

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
Hi,
Sorry you are right.... had some configuration issues
dropbox downloads where proxied to my own webserver

Downloads are working perfectly!

By the way... i've untarred the rootfs for precise... and flashed the kernel
But the boot hangs at "Done setting line discpline"

Flashing kernel was only working on partition 10, partition 11 didnt do anything.. CWM was still starting in recovery mode
i believe there were some changes in partition table since ics .
I haven't updated tab yet from fard's honeycomb partition scheme. Maybe partition number has changed since new partitioning happened for recent android roms.
We need to know recovery partition number actually used in ics/jb roms

221 - 240 of 248 Posts