Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys the eken m001 ships with a modified version of android 1.6. I was wondering if it was possible to get an untouched, unmodified version of Android 1.6 and I mean nothing modified the interface, icons, etc on the device. AKA The original Google Android 1.6 Image. If you could point me out to some tutorials or if someone knows how to do it pleas explain. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

·
Registered
384 Posts
thebubzie;7126 said:
there has to be a way to incorporate the eken kernel with a vanilla install of Android 1.6. There just has to be a way.
recent investigations almost confirmed that there are some libs probably touched by Eken.. so even with original kernel it won't work. ECOTOX is implementing 2.1 OS with eken kernel but has no display.. not working right at least

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
would it be possible to re design the interface at least to look like the original android operating system. Like the menu bar. I really think it is possible to make or port a vanilla install of android to this device.

·
Registered
384 Posts
thebubzie;7294 said:
would it be possible to re design the interface at least to look like the original android operating system. Like the menu bar. I really think it is possible to make or port a vanilla install of android to this device.
ECOTOX is working hard on a 2.1 one.. cross fingers.. i haven't seen him around for days

·
Registered
446 Posts
imayoda;7131 said:
recent investigations almost confirmed that there are some libs probably touched by Eken.. so even with original kernel it won't work. ECOTOX is implementing 2.1 OS with eken kernel but has no display.. not working right at least
Yeah I got it booting all nice with JIT, but the display doesnt work right because eken modified the framework and lib files. It also seems they use dev/fb1 vs dev/fb0.....idk why, i know of no really advantage to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.