Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so in order to get to the reader and all my books I need to go back to the original reader. The problem with this is that the original reader no longer works because the original home screen no longer works. So my question is how do I start completely from scratch and get my PDN back to its original settings so that I can try again and maybe not mess it up this time.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
You can either re-flash the firmware (which effectively wipes the device and brings it back to factory settngs), or you can run the PDN homescreen upon the next boot to bypass the alternate home screen you've used. If you clicked on the "use this as default" screen already to use the alternative homescreen, there is an apk floating around that will allow you to switch home screens on the fly (called "Home Screen Swticher" or similar, if memory serves).

·
Registered
361 Posts
You can also launch any of the PD apps & open the shortcut bar at the bottom. Then select PD home.Cheers,kev

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I'm saying is that the PD home screen is busted somehow and all the pandigital apps that I try to run crash. I reflashed my firmware and the mods are still there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That is a first. Haven't heard anyone else having this issue. Try this before going back. get Home Switcher app. While your on the new Home screen go to the application list and lauch Home Swicher. You get a list of all the Home Screen options you've installed including the origing PD one. Now select the PD home option by pressing "launch" You should get the old original interface and be able to navigate just like before. If you have the Volume key Hack installed for Home and Back keys you Can hit the Back key until you out of the PD interface and back to the previous Home screen.good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts