Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello !

I've seen that Gemei has released a new firmware today (version : V4.18.03). I don't know what has changed between the previous version but i'm going to give it a try (my G9 need a fresh installation... It doesn't start anymore...
(actual firmware : EKEN))

If someone tried it too, how do you feel it ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
66 Posts
After a problem with the CM9, I tried this version and seems to be smoth, clean without many chinese soft.
Let see when I test other things,then I'll comment here.
Edit: Already rooted and market pre-installed. I tried to download some apps from google play and 0 crash or issue. I like this version but I need to test more things. If someone want to ask before installing this firmware, I'm here for tests

Edit2: one freeze and then reboot when I try to update flash player 11.

Gemei still with the same crap of support. Where are you ployer to teach them a lesson how to fix the bugs?!!
Edit 3: freezing and many reboot. I dont recommend this firmware. If you want to wast time, try it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
all firmwares until now have the issue of freezing little seconds and then working again...
everything i do in the tablet after minutes for a few seconds android is not responding seems like freezing...
test this one...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Had a mono11 bird n a G9 (black). MoMo11 could run at 1200 and ok (with stability test)...G9 underclock to 960 and when batt below 40%, reboot :-(
How could a "same" hardware with so much difference n G9 cost more

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have tested with version V4.18.03 (downloaded from gemeitech.com), very bad results with my black G9:
- Not possible (very difficult) to boot, crashes during startup (when the logo flashes G9).
- If you are lucky to boot, the machine's speed is very slow. So I can not install "SetCPU for root users" to set the CPU to 960MHz.
- However: WiFi capability of the machine seems more powerful than the firmware version I tried before.
This is just my test
I look forward to receiving the help
Sorry for my english

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have tried V4.18.03.
Everything OK, but I got the vertical lines on the screen afer unlock or boot (after black screen).
These lines are disappeares after about 5 minutes of "warm up" of the screen.
It looks like the hardware problem, but I got it after the flashing of new firmware.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It looks like everyone is having different experiences from the same firmware. Gemei need to bring their game up to speed. I finally got my gemei stable but need to be careful.

I couldn't run the CPU tweak script so have the under clock set to 960 using antuta and need to keep my battery charged over 40%.

I was thinking of getting one for the wifey but I'm gonna go for a higher end tablet for her and I can keep messing around with this

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?un3gik

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have tried V4.18.03.
Everything OK, but I got the vertical lines on the screen afer unlock or boot (after black screen).
These lines are disappeares after about 5 minutes of "warm up" of the screen.
It looks like the hardware problem, but I got it after the flashing of new firmware.
Hi,

I had the same "troubles" with the EKEN firmware... Not very disturbing but it happens sometimes...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can someone help me here? I am trying to install the new 4.18 firmware using Livesuit but unable to. Previously I have managed to install CHS 4.15 firmware using the same version of Livesuite 1.07 on my G9.

This is what I did to try to install the firmware:

1. Power down the tablet
2. Run Livesuit and select 4.18 firmware img file
3. Hold vol button and plug in usb cable
4. Press power on button many times in quick succession
5. Nothing happen

What did I do wrong here?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Managed to upgrade to 4.18 firmware using a Windows XP PC instead of a Windows 7 PC. However after rooting, baseband version show 4.15 version. Does this happen to you also?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Managed to upgrade to 4.18 firmware using a Windows XP PC instead of a Windows 7 PC. However after rooting, baseband version show 4.15 version. Does this happen to you also?
I flash the firmware with full format. Everything works good on Windows 7, even 64bit edition.
After you hold vol button and press 5-6 times the power button, Windows should discover some new device.
After it you should run the LiveSuit and specify all the settings. When LiveSuit is showing the freezed status bar, then
I disconnect the tablet and repeat the manipulations with vol and power buttons. Windows again discover the
device and LiveSuit ask twice again about the full format. I agree and the flashing process is starting.
After it baseband is shown as V4.18.03_CHS.

P.S. Yesterday, I tried to return my tablet to seller, but I went late to my post office.
I came home and decided to use the tablet again and it worked very well and very reliable, the whole 1 hour with wi-fi on 1Hz speed.
It was the fresh 4.18 firmware without root access. I installed about 20 applications and used it. I surfed the intrernet.
There was no one reboot, no one application crashing.
I have not seen so perfect work of it for the whole 10 days I own the tablet yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am using the 4.18 firmware now. My screen is displaying faint lines. Doesn't happen on 4.15 firmware.
After 4.18, I tried 4.17 of 2012-5-24 from Gemeitech site and vertical lines still presented there.
It is interesting that baseband version was 4.10

·
Registered
26 Posts
After 4.18, I tried 4.17 of 2012-5-24 from Gemeitech site and vertical lines still presented there.
It is interesting that baseband version was 4.10
I corrected my baseband version in the build.prop file that comes with Tasselhof - SuperScript and replace the device build.prop. Now my baseband version shows 4.18.

4.18 seems better for me despite the lines which will go away in a few mins after the screen comes on. When I'm on 4.15, I need to plug in a power source to start up the tablet. Now I can start up without having to do that. But I still need to underclock with Setcpu to 960Mhz because the default 1k Mhz CPU speed causes my device to become unstable.

I'm not able to find all apps in Google Play using 4.18. Previously on 4.15 after rooting and replacing the build.prop, I'm able to find Fruit Ninja. Now I can't anymore.

Anyone who has rooted or not rooted on 4.18 experiencing the same problem?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts