Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone try Orb?http://www.orb.com/It streams videos like tversity or other programs like that.can be used with a app in android or web based.Since the m001 sucks at playing videos i think streaming is the best option?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well amazingly ...orb works with my crappy 6120c phone!mp3s work, managed to get a avi to play aswell.This was over 3G , crappy signal quality aswellThis looks to be a great option to play stuff on the tablet

·
Registered
31 Posts
[quote author=jayrod link=topic=81.msg651#msg651 date=1274024093]Can someone try Orb?http://www.orb.com/It streams videos like tversity or other programs like that.can be used with a app in android or web based.Since the m001 sucks at playing videos i think streaming is the best option?[/quote]not likely to help with regard to the m001. It would still need to be able to play video locally, the streaming would only help as far as semi-realtime re-encoding to a low bit rate and compatible format. And even with 350x240 resolution and under 600 bitrates, the m001 is not doing very well, when it works at all at playing them.Streaming wont give it the ability to display better video playback, without a dedicated GPU it is having to do software rendering, and it just can't handle it.It is one key reason why this device is so cheap.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think u missed the fact that it can stream to flv. ( flash)flash doesnt require much to process

·
Registered
31 Posts
It does, at least, require a working implementation of flash......If flash was the magic answer to video, it wouldn't require streaming, we could simply encode to flv and play them on the machine directly. That also is not working btw =)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Flash isnt working?Why wouldnt flash work in android?Google implemented flash into chrome a while ago, for linux aswell.I assume its the same ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Orb 1.15 does work. Not a great image but it handles motion fairly well. The sound is lousy but we already knew that.On menus it won't flip out of portrait but does flip horizontal when viewing. No provision for changing streaming quality like the ip*d version has. Also no provision for resize or changing aspect ratio. But hey, it works!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can u try going to the mycast website instead of using the Android app?The android App is very buggy and unstable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts