Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Vendor
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just about decided on a 7" HSG-X5A Telechip MID. From the thread and reviews, they seem to be stable out of the box. And if you get a newer batch, have MArket & Gmail pre-installed.However, just saw a long youtube review of the generic ZT180 with the new custom 0804 rom and it looks very stable.is anyone able to offer a hands-on comparison?Basically, which is more functional as a Web researcher and Video player ?(feel free to offer pluses and minuses)Thanksps- besides the zt being a 10 incher (grin)

·
Vendor
1,154 Posts
rockwaterhey...actually it's your review i was talking about ! 8) it's what is giving me a second look.i can get both units for around the same price. both are Droid 2.1 There is talk that the X5A can go to 2.2 eventually.They seem to be 2 different approaches. Though I'm reading some stuff saying the Telechip is DUAL like the old Apad Rockchip, that the X5A has the Telechip 8902 (720mhz) but also a 550mhz (i think the number was) Video processor. I can't confirm this though--not sure if the 10 inch vs 7 inch is a big thing for me. This is mostly a bedside item, so stability and performance is big.Especially if either one can Multi-task better. Do both still need Task-Killer, does one have more responsive screen... etc...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.