Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
can someone please post the firmware update page for all the pandigital tablets...especially the mirror page for the updates for my nova..I had the miror page but I just tried to use the one that I had and it said access denied....I havent tried to use the mirror download page that I had for 5 months or so...I am looking for a copy of the latest firmware update to have just in case....because I want to update the firmware on my nova to the latest version and I will have to reroot the tablet again once I do that...please help someone....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Pandigital has locked down the firmware sites and they are no longer available, as you found.

The only way to get the latest firmware is to use their online upgrader located here. Even though it says it is for the Novel, it works for the newer tablets as well.

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
can someone please post the firmware update page for all the pandigital tablets...especially the mirror page for the updates for my nova..I had the miror page but I just tried to use the one that I had and it said access denied....I havent tried to use the mirror download page that I had for 5 months or so...I am looking for a copy of the latest firmware update to have just in case....because I want to update the firmware on my nova to the latest version and I will have to reroot the tablet again once I do that...please help someone....
Here ya go -- Pandigital "tablets" support mirror

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Reactions: mrsburnout

·
Registered
2 Posts
After applying the OpenNova root to my PD Star, I lost my onscreen keyboard. I downloaded a different one from the net and installed it and it did just well. I just traded it for a Blackberry, and when I did a reset on it, the keyboard is gone and I can't get past the initial setup screen (the city name part to be exact).
Is there a way to apply an update.zip with a keyboard apk in it???

Also, 2 weeks ago I tore it apart and I have pics of the guts if anybody is interested (you guys don't even have a forum for the Star).
FYI, it's got Novel stamped everywhere inside.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is what worked and what didn't after I rooted my Nova:
I went through the root process using instructions from http://www.the-ebook-reader.com/pandigital-nova-root.html (which I understand was compiled mostly from this site - thanks!). The first time I did this my home button broke. Then Android Market would not show all the apps. SO Before I started the process a second time, I did a factory reset from the settings menu, then allowed the tablet to update the firmware to the latest version (currently PR71_A_BN_W_A_C_12152011). This is not part of the instructions, just thought I would try it. I then followed the root instructions. The first issue I had was that the SD card would not mount in recovery mode. I fixed that by erasing the card from the settings menu on the Nova and trying again. I did all the steps to get the Android Market. I then signed in to the market once. Then I did the market update (to a later version), again part of the instructions. I was able to browse the market but not many apps were available, and none for Netflix. so, I then did the clear cache and data suggestion to no avail. Same problem. So then I decided to install Amazon apps. (searched from the Nova browser) The download and install went smoothly. I could then seen tons of apps. I selected Netflix but after clicking "Get APP" it threw an error saying I needed to add a credit card (even free apps require this). I already had a card on file, but it turned out my card expiration date was wrong. Once I fixed that i could get Netflix and it works flawlessly on my Nova. No lag between audio and video like some report. The bad news is that Market has disappeared EDIT- NOT SO! What is happening is that the on the apps screen, scrolling is not working very well. When I do get it to work, Android Market shows up and some other apps I did not realize went missing. Also as of this edit, Skype is installed and working even in video mode. Market apps are still limited though. I have another Nova, so I may try getting Market on that one and see if I can get to more of the apps this time. I can't help but wonder why only a few apps show up. I hopes this helps somebody. I am very happy with the extra functionality I am getting from the Nova now. If anyone has a suggestion for getting the full catalog of Market apps to display, I would love to here it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any idea's yet on how to get an on-screen keyboard???? It's a star and already rooted, like i mentioned before. Any help at all???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't like to think of myself as a newbie, but it looks like I have made a newbie mistake somewhere. When I boot into recovery mode and use the zip file, it says that it installs, but I never get a superuser application. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought my tablet n cant get market to work on my pandigital nova 7.i did everything that says to do on that ebooks website and nothing. Im thinking of giving up but hopefully somebody here can help me please!! Im not an newbie i been rooting for like 2 years. I have an htc evo rooted and running flawless even after 2 years of used. But i just cant get the market to work on this tablet help please!!

Model # R70F452
Firmware i installed manually from the tablet n is 12152011

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello and thank you for doing this.

I followed the instructions as stated, but can no longer get my Wi-fi connection to work. It says obtaining an ip address from XXXXXX, but then never does anything else. Eventually it gives up. It shows that the network has full strength, and I have verified that I am entering the password correctly. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Got the Wi-Fi to work! woot!

Unfortunately I did a factory reset and I think it went back to the Pandigital firmware, or I am completely missing something. Google does not see the device as a device that I can put apps on from Google Play, and I have no icons other than those that were there from Pandigital.

BTW: Pandigital has gone to Chapter 11.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a complete newbie with the rooting of Pandigital Star. Serial # 7018031111607108 android version 2.3.4 kernal 2.6.34 host #41

FW PR77_A_KZ_W_A_C_11292011

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just picked up one of these off craigslist and was hoping to use it as a remote for my plex server. It's running android 2.3.4, does anyone have a working link to root it so I can install google apps?

81 - 94 of 94 Posts