Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
hey, anyone willing to help me setup and build this?

Im a little bit new to that. I already have sourcery 2012 installed but i cannot get what to do with the kernel source.

most of the links in the amlogic wiki are bad or simply point to bad locations. for example there is no envsetup.sh and etc?

I have downloaded all Android ICS 4.0.4r2.1 also. Do i need to merge the kernel code and the ICS code?

From what i can see the kernel seems to be based on the Android common kernel code 3.0

Do i need to use the prebuilt toolchain from Google, or sourcery is ok?

Sorry if this looks very basic and raw to you

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't think you need the ICS SDK for only building the kernel, which is all I want to do. If you want to build a full ROM, then yes, you will most likely need that.

What OS are you using? I only know how in Linux. Not Windows. I friggin HATE windows.

You need to make sure your $PATH variable includes the path to Sourcery's /bin directory.
in Linux, use:
PATH=$PATH:path/to/sourcery/bin ; export $PATH
Mine is PATH=$PATH:/opt/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/bin

Then, you need to find a suitable defconfig file. See my post above as to what I used, and for the broken command line to build it. It will compile the kernel, just not create the root image.

I am by far no expert. This is my first attempt at building Android kernel sources.

If you want to run the code after it is built, you will need to have the emulation environment set up. That information is on the Android developer help pages.

Good luck.
I am using Ubuntu 12. My path is already setup as i tried some of the examples in the examples folder.

Well i'd like to build a full rom, but lets start with the kernel
I was wondering for the config file if we can extract it from the existing rom using the extract-ikconfig script? Did anyone managed to do that?

I thought that the kernel output will be a zImage?

·
Registered
126 Posts
OK i got it to compile, there is a uImage_recovery and uImage in the common folder.

in the install root dir i have /root/boot/mali.ko and ump.ko

What next? how to intergrate this with android source framework, etc. Any way we can get a config file from Aurora II or Elf II (both preferrably?) I could try if someone is willing to explain a bit.

Im guessing that diff conf is needed for different drivers on the devices, right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.