1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm still looking at it,I'm not sure we have all the board related drivers in here.
But i need some time to correlate what's in the choose with what appears when digging through the device.

there's option for customer boards in the kernel,but no code for those options.
so I'm not certain how much will work from the outset.
it is however a huge start.

is also say the coffee looks genuinely good.compared to the likes of samsungs code is very clean.ace!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think a custom firmware with this setup will be the best:

IO Scheduler = SIO
CPU Governor = InteractiveX (Pegasusq and Lulzactiv are too thirsty, SmartassV2 is too slow at response)
Max GPU (Mali400-half) = 400MHz
Min GPU = 266MHz
Max CPU = [email protected] 1300mV
Min CPU = [email protected] 850mV

Hopefully a ParanoidAndroid Custom ROM to go with the kernel. (even an AOKP would be nice)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Without building it I really don't know yet.
Be aware I don't do demands and I ignore "i want this posts" ...

If you want something specific then you build it. This is the beauty of open source.

I'm going to be getting this working as best I see fit, with as few bugs as I can manage, a group effort will see faster results

Sent from my ELF-II using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm still looking at it,I'm not sure we have all the board related drivers in here.
But i need some time to correlate what's in the choose with what appears when digging through the device.

there's option for customer boards in the kernel,but no code for those options.
so I'm not certain how much will work from the outset.
it is however a huge start.

is also say the coffee looks genuinely good.compared to the likes of samsungs code is very clean.ace!
I also noticed that defconfig is missing. There are several there, but not the one the Makefile is looking for.

·
Registered
41 Posts
okay cool. I finally got my environment set up properly I think. I will see if it builds Friday evening.
It builds (already tried with codesourcery 2010q1 toolchain), however there're some compile errors in SMP code (they declared inline function in C file and then trying reference it from another file... gcc reports error
), but they're easy to fix...

·
Registered
126 Posts
hey, anyone willing to help me setup and build this?

Im a little bit new to that. I already have sourcery 2012 installed but i cannot get what to do with the kernel source.

most of the links in the amlogic wiki are bad or simply point to bad locations. for example there is no envsetup.sh and etc?

I have downloaded all Android ICS 4.0.4r2.1 also. Do i need to merge the kernel code and the ICS code?

From what i can see the kernel seems to be based on the Android common kernel code 3.0

Do i need to use the prebuilt toolchain from Google, or sourcery is ok?

Sorry if this looks very basic and raw to you

·
Registered
221 Posts
It builds (already tried with codesourcery 2010q1 toolchain), however there're some compile errors in SMP code (they declared inline function in C file and then trying reference it from another file... gcc reports error
), but they're easy to fix...
Perhaps you should add your fixes to the github.

I too got it to build. I first had to create a copy of arch/arm/configs/meson6smp_defconfig named meson6_g02_defconfig. That got me a reasonable config file that builds. I ran "make xconfig" and studied the configuration file and added a few things to it. Plus, there seemed to be a few things not selected that I felt should have been, but I did not make those changes....yet.

I have two problems so far. One, it doesnt seem to be building the extra modules I have included, such as the bluetooth stuff and pl2303 module. I am looking for these modules in the common/.out/modules directory. Perhaps it is putting them somewhere else? If so, where?

Second, I am getting this error at the very end of the compile.

cp: cannot create regular file `/home/hines_j/android-sdk-linux_x86/elf2/root//boot/': Is a directory
make: *** [pmodules] Error 1

This is the command line I am using to build:
make -f kernel.mk TARGET=g02 INSTALL_ROOT=/home/hines_j/android-sdk-linux_x86/elf2/root/

I am just not sure what to put after the INSTALL_ROOT=. Obviously what I have is not right. Should this be pointing to some type of pre-made empty img file? I am thinking maybe it is trying to build a boot.img or bootloader.img file at this point. Help!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
hey, anyone willing to help me setup and build this?

Im a little bit new to that. I already have sourcery 2012 installed but i cannot get what to do with the kernel source.

most of the links in the amlogic wiki are bad or simply point to bad locations. for example there is no envsetup.sh and etc?

I have downloaded all Android ICS 4.0.4r2.1 also. Do i need to merge the kernel code and the ICS code?

From what i can see the kernel seems to be based on the Android common kernel code 3.0

Do i need to use the prebuilt toolchain from Google, or sourcery is ok?

Sorry if this looks very basic and raw to you
I don't think you need the ICS SDK for only building the kernel, which is all I want to do. If you want to build a full ROM, then yes, you will most likely need that.

What OS are you using? I only know how in Linux. Not Windows. I friggin HATE windows.

You need to make sure your $PATH variable includes the path to Sourcery's /bin directory.
in Linux, use:
PATH=$PATH:path/to/sourcery/bin ; export $PATH
Mine is PATH=$PATH:/opt/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/bin

Then, you need to find a suitable defconfig file. See my post above as to what I used, and for the broken command line to build it. It will compile the kernel, just not create the root image.

I am by far no expert. This is my first attempt at building Android kernel sources.

If you want to run the code after it is built, you will need to have the emulation environment set up. That information is on the Android developer help pages.

Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
OK I hid some post. It's settled now. Please only post in here if you are a developer or contributing something to this project
Thanks I was wondering where that went.
I have spare time on a few days in weekdays and on Sundays.
I also have a curious mind and willingness to work, but lack of knowledge in coding.

I'd like to help out, if there's anyone willing to be patient with me and point me in the right direction.
I know we can Kang the .zip and sources to squeeze out the potential.

This tablet's going to be a present for a friend.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.