Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, i have a WinMo phone, and i use a program called MyMobiler (some of you might know about this prog) Basically what it does is: you connect your phone to the computer and run the program. The phone screen is displayed on the computer, you can type... click with mouse .... really anything. Controlling the phone with the computer.... its GREAT!!So i started looking for a app like that for my Eken M001. And all i can find is Screencast.http://code.google.com/p/androidscreencast/I downloaded the SDK, JAVA, and got my ADB working over WIFI. I run the screencast and the Eken shows up on the computer screen!!!BUT i have no input to the Eken....cant type, cant click with mouse... so far just looks cool.Because screencast is open source, i thought maybe some high tech guru can custom tailor a fix or workaround to get the input working right.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Is your device rooted * Mouse and keyboard control FOR ROOTED DEVICES ONLY * Landscape mode (right click) * Video recording * Basic file browser

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mp4doggie;14984 said:
Is your device rooted * Mouse and keyboard control FOR ROOTED DEVICES ONLY * Landscape mode (right click) * Video recording * Basic file browser
Yes it is... i dont think it work at all without root

·
Registered
383 Posts
I had same problem when atempting to get this running on Froyo on my Droid... got it worked out following the steps noted in post 19 and 26 in the issue #13 thread.http://code.google.com/p/androidscr...iority Milestone Owner Reporter Summary StarsThe steps I used was starting an emulator on my PC for the correct SDK version (r8 u2/2.2) for me and copying the InjectAgent from the Emul davlik-cache to the device davlik-cache...# Start Emulator and let come all the way up then pull fileC:Windowssystem32>cd C:>adb pull /data/dalvik-cache/[email protected]@[email protected]@classes.dex160 KB/s (5592 bytes in 0.034s)# Stop Emulator, and plug in device then push fileC:> adb push *nject* /data/local/[email protected]@[email protected]@classes.dexC:>adb shell$ susu# mv /data/local/[email protected]@[email protected]@classes.dex /data/dalvik-cache/[email protected]@[email protected]@classes.dexmv /data/local/[email protected]@[email protected]@classes.dex /data/dalvik-cache/[email protected]@[email protected]@classes.dex# exitexit$ exitexitC:># Start Screencast and input should now work....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried all of that form a google group.... didn't work :(You forgot to mention adb push the .dex file back to the device.....Also tried this:adb shellsuchmod 777 /data/dalvik-cachecd /data/dalvik-cachechmod 777 ./*Still no go.....

·
Registered
383 Posts
I should mention... it took me a couple tries to get this correct as first time I pushed a 2.1 (r7 u1) version SDK file which didn't work so I had to restart and start an r8 u2 version emulator to get it to work... maybe some confusion on exactly what version your device was built against???

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Someone on the group said you need to use the emulator for the version of android you have.... i have 1.6. But i will try 2.1... just for fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.