Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mail In Rebate has expired, but you can still get a PDN for $120 if you price-match and use a 20% coupon.Many of us know the deals, but for the lurkers that haven't taken the plunge yet, or those who recently bought their PDN from BBB and want a few dollars off. I know this is in other threads, but I want to make the info easy to see for those interested.BB&B price: $169.99Walgreens price: $149.99BB&B 20% off coupon: -$29.99BB&B rebate: -$20.00 (if you didn't buy your PDN on or before 8/15 you are no longer able to use the MIR)Total cost: $100 (+tax)How to:Print out this ad from Walgreens to price-match at $149.99: http://i37.tinypic.com/2vbugjs.jpgUse a BB&B 20% off coupon. You get these from being on the BB&B mailing list.If you don't have one, see if you know someone who does. They have an expiration date, but BB&B will take them even if they are expired.If you can't get a coupon in time, you can buy the PDN anyway and just take the receipt back to your BB&B and have them apply the 20% coupon later when you get one.Here is the form for the $20 mail in rebate: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/PandigitalForm0726.pdfMake sure you purchase by 8/15 and have the rebate mailed out by 9/15.Hope this helps!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dccase;36640 said:
Were you able to get them to accept both the pricematch and the coupon?Online or in-store?
I actually bought it with the coupon, then went back almost a week later with only my receipt and the Walgreens ad, and they did the price match with no hassle (only had to check the Walgreens price on their computer to make sure it was right).But a friend did it all at once as well and didn't have an issue. I'm sure a number of people on this forum did the same.And no, they won't price match online, you would have to go to the store for that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did what Bo outlined here on the 8th for 2 PDNs. I printed out the Walgreens ad (said online only but interestingly did not print that part when I used landscape mode), showed it to BBB person. They passed me on to a manager who confirmed the Walgreens price online and honored it, plus 2 20% BBB coupons and kindly printed out a rebate receipt and 2 rebate forms for me. Gotta love BBB.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Worked for me as well. I even got a confirmation email that the rebate was accepted and the check will be sent (still waiting for that, but BB&B has been reliable on past rebates, so I have no worries). Purchased before the Walgreens $149 price, took in the ad when it came out in the local paper, they matched the price, gave me a credit on my AMEX, and my final price was 99.99 + tax. One point to note, the fine print on the BB&B rebate form says max of 2 rebates per household.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Also worked for me - I did it last week, and it was 2 weeks after I had purchased the reader. I think YMMV, as each customer service rep may take / not take it at their discretion.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks bodex et al.I took in a copy of the Walgreens ad printed from link here, got another 20% coupon, and went to BB&B. Received the price match, got the refund, used it for the white gel cover (only color in stock), and they're crediting me $4 and change. So, thanks to you, bottom line is that I got the cover for free. Awesome!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dccase;37446 said:
Just got back. They wouldn't do both the price match and the coupon.I took the price match. I try going back in a couple days to see if they'll apply the coupon "I just found".
Those jerks! If you have to, try calling another store and asking them if they will do it, get their name. If that store is too far away, just go back to your store and give the name of the person that said it was okay. I actually have a friend who works for BB&B and they do this kind of transaction all the time. You probably got someone in a bad mood

·
Registered
103 Posts
At the nashua, nh store, the manager or day person supervisor said that it was an either or case... 20% off or price match. I went with 20% off. The BBB site does say that there may be exceptions, but doesnt list what they might be. But you supposedly can also call customer service to help.. dunno wasn't worth the $10 or so to deal with it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think they got someone that was following the rules. I got the store manager and she said it is against store policy to do an online comparison, but she let me because I had called ahead of time and was misinformed. She did not say anything about allowing only one discount. The online 20% had expired, she said to come back anytime I got one of their 20% off cards for a refund. I registered at BB&B before I went in and had a 20% coupon in an email when I got home. I took it in today and received my discount.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad some of you are getting the good price! I hope those of you that are getting bad managers will try taking the receipt in for a fix at a different time (maybe a day when that manager is off ;)).And today is the last day you can purchase and qualify for the Mail-in-Rebate~

·
Registered
3 Posts
Went to the store in Olathe KS, and they said they would honor either the 20% coupon or the price match, but not both...Coupon saved me $34, so I went with that!
Still, $116+tax after rebate is great for a (now hacked) Android Tablet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
So my Novel was cracking horribly and then the SD card slot stopped accepting SD cards, so back to Kohl's it goes. I figured I'd go the BB&B route and maybe save a few bucks...I had a pretty crummy experience with this at Bed, Bath and Beyond - when I asked for a price match, the guy behind the counter made a face like I asked him for a foot massage. He called over the manager and after a twenty minute wait, she brought her mom-jeans-encrusted self over and scowled at me and flatly denied the price match as the twenty dollar rebate brought it down to the same price. I basically just resigned myself to using the coupon and after doing so and completing the purchase, was informed that, well, we don't actually have this in stock, let me check the other stores, oh hey look at that theres one over at the Roseville store can you stand there for another twenty minutes while I call them to have them hold it and after standing there for a grand total of 45 minutes, long story longer, THEY didn't have it either.So...$115 with rebate, but they are shipping to me. Two weeks. Yikes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought mine at BB&B last Friday. They wouldn't do both the pricematch and the 20% coupon, so I took the pricematch. ($149.99)I went back today with my receipt and coupon, and they gave me a refund for the coupon. ($30)First she tried it as a return, but it didn't work - maybe because of the price match. Looks like I got a straight refund, so that shouldn't interfere with the rebate.So, if they wouldn't take the coupon the first time, try again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I guess I got lucky. I got both the wslgreens price match, the 20 dollars off rebate and the 20 percent off (on an expired coupon).My cashier was in training and the manager helped him ring it all up at the san francisco store.One advantage of living in an expensive city is that no one working retail is being paid well enough to care about enforcing policies they don't really care about.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.