Android Tablets Forum banner

Only 1.7.4 firmware in my ePad

5K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  iguanilson 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, guys.I've bought my ePad several days ago, read review and decided to install Slatedroid1.3-flytouch-edition V2.Upgrading stopped with such error "No upgrade package, exit". I tried to format my sd in FAT, FAT32, used different sizes (128Mb, 256Mb, 4Gb) tried to use all possible firmwares and everyone ends with the same error.The only successfull upgrade was returning to the original 1.7.4 firmware by putting it on FAT32 256Mb microSD card.What's the problem? What I did wrong?

#3 ·
post pics of your pad i have flytouch, M001 and an Apad and tried every rom here my self they all work did you unzip it using zip7 instead of rar. @ osgui one person till now have no turning on problem and it got fixed after draining the battery all the way then recharging it.

#5 ·
First advice: you must have NOTHING on your SD card, nor subdirectories, nor files. You must have only "script" subdirectoryOtherwise the tablet will not start the upgradig process.Second: try to put an empty SD card into tablet, turn tablet on, and then examine if on SD card there are the directories "LOST.DIR", "DCIM", "~wmtmail", or "~peacock"If some of such directories are on SD card, there is still hope: your tablet started, and it wrote those directories on SD card.Try this, and let me know.

#6 ·
I know all this things. I put script folder on woorkable formatted card. The proplem is that for my device there is only one suitable firmware - original 1.7.4, which I installed after all. But I want slatedroid firmware, 'cause it's faster...

#8 ·
its epad for sure all these firmware should work well try extracting with zip7 and extract directly to the SD card thats the only thing i can tell you or try base 1.6 flash then flash it with 1.3 v2 as that will clean up every thing.

#9 ·
[quote name='lus4;24785]I know all this things. I put script folder on woorkable formatted card. The proplem is that for my device there is only one suitable firmware - original 1.7.4' date=' which I installed after all. But I want slatedroid firmware, 'cause it's faster...[/QUOTE']You wrote that slatedroid firmware is faster how much faster will it be? will I notice eny difference?

#10 ·
It's noticeably faster, especially when you swipe your finger on screen there is now less lag for the screen to scroll and follow your finger. With the factory firmware 1.7.4 it would take 1 second lag after I swipe my finger, now it's about 0.8 second lag. Not a huge improvement but definitely noticeable. If you are used to the speed of iPhone, don't expect too much.

#12 ·
[quote name='spg_nueve;25248]hello' date=' in the Spanish language subforum we are testing the 1.8 for EPAD / flytouch and 1.8.2, but currently do not have results.firm as we spoke we test these results and improvements as well as upload them to the forum for everyone to enjoy.[/QUOTE']I've installed it today, but it's chinese language (I suppose) on start, so I don't know how to change it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.