Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Market crashes on everyone, regardless of the fw you reload. Read around, even a few posts up in this thread. There are fixes.
I donno' - networklocation is working here. I'm located in southwestern ontario, canada.... I have had the occassional problem right enabling it right after a first boot. So you might want toa) make sure that your wifi is enabledb) wait a few minutes and check again through google maps: my locationc) reboot and try againI'll take another look. Like I say, it's working for me, but there may be a tweak out there that I can add.I dumped the RAmos launcher, slider and all, until I resolve a couple of issues with it.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Hellothe simplest solution : after login at the Market and crash, install taskKiller and kill all's applications,returns to Market and is OK.I Tested With The Donaldson FW and it works very w

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
@alex286You can try like thisYou must extract the framework-res.apk APAD then retrieve the icons in the framework-res.apk EKEN and slip into one of APAD.IMPORTANTYou drag a window dune another window with 7-Zip icons for not re-sign the framework-res.apk,See you

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sorry D. I thought the market fix was already integrated in your ROM. Anyways, easy fix. Just had to install MarketTOS.apk. Yup, mylocation does not work for me. Maps says "location temporary unavailable". Sleep does not work still (sorry I thought wrong). All in all best version so far. Again thanks!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I tested this rom for a while and it's certainly quicker that Rogerbraun 5.1 which is the version I was previously using. Getting more icons on the main screen is a plus (don't know if this was an intentional change). I did get the market issue with this rom, and downloaded YasinSiddiqui's apk from earlier in this thread and that fixed it. Certainly sticking with this as it's the best rom I've installed to date. Would be great to get sleep working from the main button.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks for this ROM first and foremost!I have issues though with application errors:1. Pocket Empires crashed when map opening! Works on Hiapad0709ROM2. Atilt and many other games starts in vertical mode (not in wide screen).3. Some aps starts automaticaly in vertical mode even when apad is in horizontal mode.4. Random shutdowns. 5. Missing volume buttons6. Sleep mode missing from main buttonOn the positive side this is the fastest and the best looking ROM so far.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Awesome ROM. Just finished installing and as my first impression is the esthetically it is one of the nicest ROMs around. I will play around with it this evening and share my thoughts tomorrow. Too bad that Mr. Donaldson does not cook for the Gentouch.

·
Registered
97 Posts
[quote name='leangrowth;56530]Not sure if I am the only one' date=' but I have been running RB 5.1 and 6 beta and never had a problem with market access.[/QUOTE']Nah mate, I have NEVER had any issues with any of the ROMs I have installed either.....Not sure why, but Im not complaining ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I actually started having a problem with marketplace when I went to the rb6 beta. The problems have followed me through all other firmwares since. It's a somewhat easy fix for me though, I just search for a better keyboard skin through the settings tab and up pops the eula for the marketplace.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello Donaldson,I just wanted to know where I should look to find out how to modify the stock firmware. I have unpacked the update.img and tried adding and removing apks from the app directory as well as modifying the framework-res file. I have tried signing any modified apks and anytime I change anything enters a boot loop. If I unpack the rom without making any changes and then repack it boots. I have trolled through tons of forums without success. Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello, Donaldson, thanks for your work !Report some trouble .My location doesn't workWifi sometime didn't find de routeur have to toggle on/offPhoto cam?ra work but the result are unusable with green line (Will post later )Market was blocked but find solution kill all. ApkHot ?mail didn't recall my login and passw anymoreBut i'm happy because it is fast and awsomeps please add volume in the upper right corner ;-)TxSent from my aPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally Posted by YasinSiddiqui Hi davedioni,I'd faced the same problem and was initially unable to use the market.Then I realized that market was trying to load its first page without showing me the terms of use acceptance page. The fix for this is:Calling a market download activity from another app.I had the Astro file manager apk so I installed it on my apad. When I used its SMB feature, it asked whether I want to install thew module from market. Went ahead and you I saw the google market's toc page.I accepted the terms and my market started working perfectly!You can get the free Astro file manager apk by a google search. Do let us know if this works for you.If its a common problem for this lovely ROM, I'll make a small app to trigger the market toc page.
Hi Yasin ... sorry for not responding, I was in Cuba for a week
so I tried what you've said and it work great now thanks to youand tks to you too pomme-accro

81 - 100 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.