Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 80 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
[quote name='donaldson;54051]I'm not sure that we all aren't having some kind of market problem. I've installed every batch 2 firmware from the original through to Xau's and RB and mine. All have the same problem - I actually thought my apad was dying. read here: [URL]http://www.slatedroid.com/apad-android-tablet-discussion/6555-server-error-browser-works-but-cant-access-market-apad-irobot.html#post52104[/URL]I've a new release with NetworkLocation working' date=' but I hesitate to upload for the market problems that it will cause.[/QUOTE']I found a bizarre way to get the market to work. So get this, I loaded a new rom and the market wouldnt work...so I installed the SlideMe. I figured I might as well download some apps. So after I ran the SlideMe market, the Android market started working. I thought this to be a fluke. Until, I flashed my Apad again.....NO MARKET. So....
I downloaded the SlideMe Market again...Ran it...and then rand the Android Market and it worked. This sound ridiculous, I know. But try it. It worked for me....twice

·
Registered
38 Posts
@stevens119Hey, this is important. After installing slideme and restarting market, Did the market Terms of Service dialog popup for you, or did market start working just like that without accepting the terms?

·
Registered
5 Posts
PLEASE HELP....I'm a newbie at this...!!!I just got my aPad (the box says iRobot). It's an Aluminium model, with the oval iRobot logo on the back, Red LED light, 9V charger, and a camera in the front. Here's the info:Model Number: MID070R1Firmware Version: 1.5Kernel version: 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7 (ruiguan)Build Number: RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100729.130751My question is: Since the factory firmware is slooooooow.....What custom firmware should I use...??? Any tutorials on how to do it...???Thank you very much in advance....!!!

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
[quote name='duoteknia;54184]PLEASE HELP....I'm a newbie at this...!!!I just got my aPad (the box says iRobot). It's an Aluminium model' date=' with the oval iRobot logo on the back, Red LED light, 9V charger, and a camera in the front. Here's the [URL=info:Model]info:Model[/URL] Number: MID070R1Firmware Version: 1.5Kernel version: 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7 (ruiguan)Build Number: RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100729.130751My question is: Since the factory firmware is slooooooow.....What custom firmware should I use...??? Any tutorials on how to do it...???Thank you very much in advance....!!![/QUOTE'] See this post - http://www.slatedroid.com/apad-roge...ybrid-6-beta-test-batch-2-a-14.html#post54261also it is good not to post the same questions across multiple threads, just post it once, there are a lot of people that read, and they will reply with helpful information.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Fixing the Market: What works for me is:Start market and go through setup. Market fails back to home screen.Start astro filemanager. The apk I have is version 2.3.0. It starts, but warns that the application is expired. It then tries to start the market.Click the home buttonLaunch the market and it works.I've done the above 4 or 5 times now and it works each time.The bigger question remains. What is going on with the Market? I've tested every FW I can lay my hands on from the original release, through to these latest, and they all are showing exactly the same issue with the [email protected] bet if you reload the firmware on your W7, you'd be having the same problem with the W7 as well. Means (if you are) maybe we should be watching RAmos for a fix.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anyone facing the market problem discussed in recent previous posts, please try this app that I've written to fix: Download http://www.shura.in/MarketTOS.zip , extract the apk, install and run it and click the button to fix.If you're facing the problem, u should see the terms of service which u need to accept to start using market.Plz let us know if this works for you.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
@YasinSiddiquiThank you! I will test when I get home. If some one beats me to it, let us know if it works!

·
Registered
2 Posts
YasinSiddiqui;54437]Anyone facing the market problem discussed in recent previous posts said:
http://www.shura.in/MarketTOS.zip[/url] , extract the apk, install and run it and click the button to fix.If you're facing the problem, u should see the terms of service which u need to accept to start using market.Plz let us know if this works for you.
i just tried it and my market works now. thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
[quote name='YasinSiddiqui;54147]@stevens119Hey' date=' this is important. After installing slideme and restarting market, Did the market Terms of Service dialog popup for you, or did market start working just like that without accepting the terms?[/QUOTE'] The TOS dialog did pop up. Before, I was just getting an wrror in the market.BTW...I just downloaded this Rom, and I have to say it is a very attractive and highly functional rom. Really responsive and fast. I love the additional home screen. Is the Music/Video/Pictures/Ebook sidebar section modifiable within Android? Also agree with an earlier post...The ebook reader is in Chinese. Could you change it to an English one?

·
Registered
94 Posts
mshumate99;54146 said:
This might have been asked before but I didnt see an answer.Is there a way to add apps to the slider bar on the home screen?
I'm also very interested, please explain us ;-) Anyway, thanks Donaldson !!!!Sent from my aPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
mshumate99;54146 said:
This might have been asked before but I didnt see an answer.Is there a way to add apps to the slider bar on the home screen?
Not that I am aware of. The slider seems to be hardcoded in to the launcher. I have it listed as one of those things I want to look into.

·
Registered
26 Posts
@donaldson, thank you for your work on this. Like you I am sticking with my apad, and I greatly appreciate the efforts of folks like you to continue improving the user experience.I will likely wait for your next release before flashing (I recently set mine up with RB beta 6 which is working pretty well), but given all the positive feedback am really looking forward to trying yours out!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I'm leary now of releasing the next update. To be honest, with the market problem (that may be here with us to stay), anyone who flashes a new fw is risking their market access. Some of us are able to get the market working again, but others are not. I'm thinking twice. I've got an update ready to go... should I release it? Thoughts?

·
Registered
26 Posts
My view is that with your clear qualifier--"anyone who flashes a new fw is risking their market access"--combined with the ability for people to return to an older Rom if desired (would that not fix the market access problem?), should cover off any concerns. I for one would love to try it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
[quote name='donaldson;55613]I'm leary now of releasing the next update. To be honest' date=' with the market problem (that may be here with us to stay), anyone who flashes a new fw is risking their market access. Some of us are able to get the market working again, but others are not. I'm thinking twice. I've got an update ready to go... should I release it? Thoughts?[/QUOTE'] Hi D. First of all thanks for all the good work! It looks like the market problem occurs on all roms and fixes have been posted, so I think you should upload the update and we will give it a try. If there are problems we can always go back to a previous version.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
***************Update /12/09/2010This is the link to the latest ROM over at Rapidshare:RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy FilehostingThis firmware features:NetworkLcation working. Setup Wifi. Open Google Maps and click My Location - usually good to 70 meters! Use the Weather widget provided... and select "Always use phone's location"....SmartPad & RAmos W7 frameworks (very fast!)Xau's Recovery (so we can adb shell reboot recovery and the keys work!)Xau's Boot.img mods: based on his boot image, but debranded.I've added the following appsAdhocable (untested)AldikoWeather WidgetSpare Parts (set end button behaviour)Have fun. And remember: batch 2 ONLY.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks D but Market crashes on me. My location also does not work. Sleep seems to work. This leaner home app is better IMHO, makes the Apad as snappy as with the Hybrid 6 with xau modules.

61 - 80 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.