Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 60 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Donaldson,Just installed your ROM on my APAD and it was indeed love at first sight. Thanks a million and hope you keep going.I think it'd be a great idea to replace the chinese ebook reader with aldiko. BTW, Adhocable, an app I wrote some time back for simplifying adhoc wifi on apad has become quite popular. Your ROM now makes me want to do a nice widget for it to go with your lovely home screen!

·
Registered
94 Posts
[quote name='donaldson;52513]@pomme-accroYep' date=' you've got a BATCH TWO identified as red LED, 5volt charger. This rom will work on your apad. Finally, yes, you will loose everything. Maybe use astro to back your apps... then reinstall. You might want to wait.There will be another FW update on the weekend. There are a couple of issues I am trying to resolve... and I'd at least like to try to get the Location feature working. SO you might want to wait until the next release.[/QUOTE'] Yes it is a very clever advice ;-) but hearing everyone saying it is so beautifull it's hard to wait thanks for responding

·
Registered
80 Posts
[quote name='donaldson;52513]@pomme-accroYep' date=' you've got a BATCH TWO identified as red LED, 5volt charger. This rom will work on your apad. Finally, yes, you will loose everything. Maybe use astro to back your apps... then reinstall. You might want to wait.There will be another FW update on the weekend. There are a couple of issues I am trying to resolve... and I'd at least like to try to get the Location feature working. SO you might want to wait until the next release.[/QUOTE']Thanks again D. Anyways hopefully u'll be able to to fix the suspend/sleep not working on the front main/big button press and the "my location" not working on google apps. In the future since we have the Rockchip source, hopefully you can continue the work on the Android 1.6 (maybe 2.2 also?) for this tab and maybe an upto date kernel : ) Thank!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
BTW, i found a bug when using the new boot.img from xau. On a fresh install/flash of any firmware using the new boot.img you wont be able to access some files in your flash/internal memory. To fix, you have to address, sd card "missing" in the notification bar by inserting a microSD in your Apad. Also mounting the flash memory on your PC might do the trick too (have not done this tho)

·
Registered
80 Posts
D, I've been doing trials/test and I find Roger's Hybrid 6 when installed with xau's new boot.img, the fastest/snappiest. With your ROMs there are some hiccups in the UI/home still. Since your ROM is more or less the same framework as the Hybrid 6, the W7 home app might be the culprit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Donaldson, your ROM is almost perfect, one thing though... the camera an video camera have problems with shooting. Waiting to be fixed in the next release.Thanx a lot and keep it up!

·
Registered
25 Posts
this is a great rom, im sure for many ( including me ) its the daily use rom. i wonder if it would be possable (with permission from the dev of the app) to include ad-hocable and nessecery files in the next release of the rom

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi first thanks for that rom it's really fast and snapy but I got a problem when I triyng to go on the market ... maybe it's the rom at all ... maybe I'm just ignorant... but it closed it self everytime without loading any image ... the only thing that I found on the forum about something like that was about a wrong date ... but I assure you the date and hour are right Do you have an idea ? someone can give me a clue or better; a solution
it will be really appreciated thanks a lot

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi davedioni,I'd faced the same problem and was initially unable to use the market.Then I realized that market was trying to load its first page without showing me the terms of use acceptance page. The fix for this is:Calling a market download activity from another app.I had the Astro file manager apk so I installed it on my apad. When I used its SMB feature, it asked whether I want to install thew module from market. Went ahead and you I saw the google market's toc page.I accepted the terms and my market started working perfectly!You can get the free Astro file manager apk by a google search. Do let us know if this works for you.If its a common problem for this lovely ROM, I'll make a small app to trigger the market toc page.

·
Registered
94 Posts
[quote name='YasinSiddiqui;53724]Hi davedioni' date='I'd faced the same problem and was initially unable to use the market.Then I realized that market was trying to load its first page without showing me the terms of use acceptance page. The fix for this [URL=is:Calling]is:Calling[/URL] a market download activity from another app.I had the Astro file manager apk so I installed it on my apad. When I used its SMB feature, it asked whether I want to install thew module from market. Went ahead and you I saw the google market's toc page.I accepted the terms and my market started working perfectly!You can get the free Astro file manager apk by a google search. Do let us know if this works for you.If its a common problem for this lovely ROM, I'll make a small app to trigger the market toc page.[/QUOTE']Here is the solution for you :You must find Advanced Task Killer Free somewhere on the net put in your sd card install it and kill all the process And normally it should fix your Market i had the same issue alsoVoil? nice to help you good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
[quote name='YasinSiddiqui;53724]Hi davedioni' date='I'd faced the same problem and was initially unable to use the market.Then I realized that market was trying to load its first page without showing me the terms of use acceptance page. The fix for this [URL=is:Calling]is:Calling[/URL] a market download activity from another app.I had the Astro file manager apk so I installed it on my apad. When I used its SMB feature, it asked whether I want to install thew module from market. Went ahead and you I saw the google market's toc page.I accepted the terms and my market started working perfectly!You can get the free Astro file manager apk by a google search. Do let us know if this works for you.If its a common problem for this lovely ROM, I'll make a small app to trigger the market toc page.[/QUOTE']Thanx ;-) worked for me...

·
Registered
38 Posts
george1983c;53334 said:
i wonder if it would be possable (with permission from the dev of the app) to include ad-hocable and nessecery files in the next release of the rom
Hi george1983,I'm the developer of the adhocable app.I'm glad that you use it and like it so much!It would indeed be an honor for me if donaldson thinks adhocable is good enough to be included in his fantastic ROM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Super ROM really puts some zip into the Apad.One question I am hoping someone can help me with is how can I modify the homes screens to change the number of screens and also how I can add/remove items from the app barcheers

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I'm not sure that we all aren't having some kind of market problem. I've installed every batch 2 firmware from the original through to Xau's and RB and mine. All have the same problem - I actually thought my apad was dying. read here: http://www.slatedroid.com/apad-andr...cant-access-market-apad-irobot.html#post52104I've a new release with NetworkLocation working, but I hesitate to upload for the market problems that it will cause.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It seems to have something to do with the terms of use agreement. Rogers ROMs have the same issue. I installed Rogers 6 beta and once I installed skyfire from an apk the market worked. Was strange, but Ive read others have similar fixes.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Frustrating for sure. It appeared out of nowhere. One day, fine. Next day, not. @YasinSiddiquiThank you for your kind comments. Yes, I will include your apk.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey all,i have had the Market issue on most ROMs. I agree its the Terms etc that cause it. I do the following which seems to fix it:plug in to PC and format the onboard Storage ramInstall Advanced Task Killer (the ES task killer may also work i guess)Reboot the aPadUse ATK to kill all tasksConnect to WiFiOpen GMail and make sure you are setup and signed inOpen Market - the Terms Agreement usually appears thenSometimes I have had to do reboot - kill tasks - etc twice but always gets it working

·
Registered
38 Posts
[quote name='donaldson;54123]Frustrating for sure. It appeared out of nowhere. One day' date=' fine. Next day, not. @YasinSiddiquiThank you for your kind comments. Yes, I will include your apk.[/QUOTE'] Thanks! And I will now definitely spend some time to make it better soon.Reg. the market problem, I'm pretty sure that it gets fixed with the TOC acceptance. I'll try to make a small apk to trigger the TOC page, then we can try it out to confirm. Will have to do it on Sunday though, Eid tomorrow

41 - 60 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.