Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
donaldsonGreat job!! I have the second version installed and works fine. One thing I noticed with both is the End Button does not goto Standby and even when you hold the End Standby is not show as an option. The other Roms do have this (I like to maximise my battery).

·
Registered
29 Posts
[quote name='hucqim80;51510]Sorry Donaldson i modified your Rom without your permission..but its still the same and all the credits is yours..' date=' it will brick my apad if i didn't changed its boot loader..so i upload it to other who have same devices as mine..[/QUOTE'] how is this new rom goes to our v3 apad compared to 802cn? have you uploaded it? if yes can you pass me the link? thanksEDIT: Ok i found your link. so the question is only: 802cn or 5.1 with modified loader? thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
[quote name='RadioactiveToy;51913]how is this new rom goes to our v3 apad compared to 802cn? have you uploaded it? if yes can you pass me the link? thanksEDIT: Ok i found your link. so the question is only: 802cn or 5.1 with modified loader? thanks[/QUOTE] Okay' date='first thing Donaldson just upload the fixed rom..i haven't upload it yet..for time being use the 5.1, you must only download the one that inside my [URL=http://www.slatedroid.com/apad-android-tablet-discussion/5092-updated-bricked-apad-irobot-md01-v6-0-solved.html']thread[/URL]..if you download here you will bricked your apad..

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Okay, have a strange issue, do all the things to update rom and get this message "Getting the version of loader failed", just after choosing update image Thought it may be something i'm doing doing, so used RB5.1 firmware, no error message, Loader 3.20Shutdown laptop, reboot, remove drivers etc, shutdown.Restart, hold menu, slide in mini usb, reload drivers, all okay, disconnect usb.Start RKandroid DM1.2, press and hold menu, slide in mini usb, get message "RKAndroid Loader device found!" then choose location of update.img, same error message shows up "Getting the version of loader failed"Tried rb 5.1 update.img again (to check) no problems Loader 3.20can some one tell me what im doing wrong?

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
yeah reakon that's what it was, downloaded again, saved to win7 64bit laptop, ran everything again, loaded drivers, and it loaded first attempt. Donaldson, this is excellant! Works really well, only thing noticed, ebook reader on slider crashes "process android.acore has stopped unexpectedly"Thanks for taking the time to whip this firmware out, really appreciate itEnjoy the "back to teaching" days coming up, 12 days and im "teacher on term 3 holidays"

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
@mingnonIt wants the reader from ramos - if you check your W7 - I think it's even the same icon. Problem is it's chinese - so you could just install the apk and it'd go away. I did have it as part of the image originally - but then lost it. BTW, are you enjoying the W7?I evny your year round school year... two months is too long to be on break - for us and the kids!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
pulidzz;51891]D said:
boot.img_writablesystem_lowmemkill_noswap.zip - Windows Live[/url]is it as simple as putting this in your ROM?
Yep, it's that simple. You can use the afptool to unpack the firmware. Replace boot.img with Xau's. Then repack and reflash. All there is to it. The next time I repack the firmware, I will include an updated boot.img with Xau's mods.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
This is the link to the latest ROM over at Rapidshare:RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting. This firmware features:SmartPad & RAmos W7 frameworks (very fast!)Xau's Recovery (so we can adb shell reboot recovery and the keys work!)Xau's Boot.img mods: based on his boot image, but debranded.I've added the following apps:Weather WidgetOrig Ebook app from W7 Spare Parts (set end button behaviour)Have fun. And remember: batch 2 ONLY.I'll get this uploaded to slatedroid as soon as I can.

·
Registered
251 Posts
It's looking very snazzy indeed, thanks for your efforts.Question, the Ebook App you mention seems to be all in Chinese, is there a way for me to change the default language on it? I've selected UK English as my locale/text in settings.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Sorry about the chinese ebook app. Ignore it for now. It's a bug fix for mingnon (read further up). As soon as I can, I'll update it with something more appropriate. It looks a lot like aldiko... at least I thought so, but it's something different.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Actually I had problem uploading files..I think you could just made another version for us using our compatible kernel.img and Rock28Boot(L).bin..its from 0802CN package..this is for 9V Red Led Metal Back..i think lots of people who have bricked their device..because incompatible bootloader and kernel..most of us revive our apad using 0802CN rom..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Donaldson,First of all thanks, even if i didn't try it yet i'm sure it 'll be fast an maybe better again ;-)Just a few question before trying myself:First one: i'm using the metal apad batch 2 red led but with 5v charger is it ok ?Second one i'm actually running the wonderfull (also) 5.1 rom from Roger will i lost everything when doing this upgrade ?Thanks for any information

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
@pomme-accroYep, you've got a BATCH TWO identified as red LED, 5volt charger. This rom will work on your apad. Finally, yes, you will loose everything. Maybe use astro to back your apps... then reinstall. You might want to wait.There will be another FW update on the weekend. There are a couple of issues I am trying to resolve... and I'd at least like to try to get the Location feature working. SO you might want to wait until the next release.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
[quote name='donaldson;52513]@pomme-accroYep' date=' you've got a BATCH TWO identified as red LED, 5volt charger. This rom will work on your apad. Finally, yes, you will loose everything. Maybe use astro to back your apps... then reinstall. You might want to wait.There will be another FW update on the weekend. There are a couple of issues I am trying to resolve... and I'd at least like to try to get the Location feature working. SO you might want to wait until the next release.[/QUOTE'] fantastic, cant wait for it.

21 - 40 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.