Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Awesome ROM. Just finished installing and as my first impression is the esthetically it is one of the nicest ROMs around. I will play around with it this evening and share my thoughts tomorrow. Too bad that Mr. Donaldson does not cook for the Gentouch.

·
Registered
107 Posts
vindikation;63087]This is what I use to load new firmware. I never do anything with the SD Card said:
Rariv[/B] on another thread:http://www.slatedroid.com/apad-andr...red-led-md01-v6-0-3-27-bootloader-only-3.html Originally Posted by Rariv This was the way I did it:Download this tool here HiApad and extract to your Desktop or some other folder.Then, turn your aPad off, and put the tiny power switch in the Off position, the On again. (but don't turn on the aPad).Connect the USB cable to your PC in a USB2 port (but not on the aPad yet).On the aPad, press and hold the MENU button (see those 2 buttons on top of the aPad? is the one on the left). While holding the button, connect the mini-USB to the aPad, on the connector nearest to the audio plug. You can release the MENU button now.(Note: If you don't press and hold the button, the Apad will turn itself on, and you don't want that.)If you PC asks for drivers, they are supplied with that package.Then run RKAndroidDM.exe. It should recognize the aPad. Just select the FW, and hit Update. The flashing process takes around 1 or 2 minutes. After that a message of success should appear, and the aPad will reboot (you can disconnect the USB now).If the aPad doesn't reboot, don't worry, just turn it on again. After that you'll see the boot screen for a very long time (maybe 4 minutes or so?) and you'll be prompted to re-calibrate the screen (starting in the top-left corner). After that, you're all set.Anyway, you should try to see other guides, and videos of the whole process, just to be sure. Remember to double and triple check everything to make sure this is your aPad, and that you are doing everything right. I did my apad right in my first attempt. It's not a hard task once you've done for the first time, but it's worth taking your time to avoid silly errors.
This is the method I've always used and with very good results.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well something weard happened today. I have lost sound in both the speakers and through head phones. I've enabled sound and speakers in setting but nothing seems to help. May have to reflash this ROM again. Let you all know how it goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.