Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
[quote name='donaldson;52513]@pomme-accroYep' date=' you've got a BATCH TWO identified as red LED, 5volt charger. This rom will work on your apad. Finally, yes, you will loose everything. Maybe use astro to back your apps... then reinstall. You might want to wait.There will be another FW update on the weekend. There are a couple of issues I am trying to resolve... and I'd at least like to try to get the Location feature working. SO you might want to wait until the next release.[/QUOTE']Thanks again D. Anyways hopefully u'll be able to to fix the suspend/sleep not working on the front main/big button press and the "my location" not working on google apps. In the future since we have the Rockchip source, hopefully you can continue the work on the Android 1.6 (maybe 2.2 also?) for this tab and maybe an upto date kernel : ) Thank!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
BTW, i found a bug when using the new boot.img from xau. On a fresh install/flash of any firmware using the new boot.img you wont be able to access some files in your flash/internal memory. To fix, you have to address, sd card "missing" in the notification bar by inserting a microSD in your Apad. Also mounting the flash memory on your PC might do the trick too (have not done this tho)

·
Registered
80 Posts
D, I've been doing trials/test and I find Roger's Hybrid 6 when installed with xau's new boot.img, the fastest/snappiest. With your ROMs there are some hiccups in the UI/home still. Since your ROM is more or less the same framework as the Hybrid 6, the W7 home app might be the culprit.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks D but Market crashes on me. My location also does not work. Sleep seems to work. This leaner home app is better IMHO, makes the Apad as snappy as with the Hybrid 6 with xau modules.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sorry D. I thought the market fix was already integrated in your ROM. Anyways, easy fix. Just had to install MarketTOS.apk. Yup, mylocation does not work for me. Maps says "location temporary unavailable". Sleep does not work still (sorry I thought wrong). All in all best version so far. Again thanks!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.