Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Okay, have a strange issue, do all the things to update rom and get this message "Getting the version of loader failed", just after choosing update image Thought it may be something i'm doing doing, so used RB5.1 firmware, no error message, Loader 3.20Shutdown laptop, reboot, remove drivers etc, shutdown.Restart, hold menu, slide in mini usb, reload drivers, all okay, disconnect usb.Start RKandroid DM1.2, press and hold menu, slide in mini usb, get message "RKAndroid Loader device found!" then choose location of update.img, same error message shows up "Getting the version of loader failed"Tried rb 5.1 update.img again (to check) no problems Loader 3.20can some one tell me what im doing wrong?

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
yeah reakon that's what it was, downloaded again, saved to win7 64bit laptop, ran everything again, loaded drivers, and it loaded first attempt. Donaldson, this is excellant! Works really well, only thing noticed, ebook reader on slider crashes "process android.acore has stopped unexpectedly"Thanks for taking the time to whip this firmware out, really appreciate itEnjoy the "back to teaching" days coming up, 12 days and im "teacher on term 3 holidays"

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
[quote name='donaldson;52513]@pomme-accroYep' date=' you've got a BATCH TWO identified as red LED, 5volt charger. This rom will work on your apad. Finally, yes, you will loose everything. Maybe use astro to back your apps... then reinstall. You might want to wait.There will be another FW update on the weekend. There are a couple of issues I am trying to resolve... and I'd at least like to try to get the Location feature working. SO you might want to wait until the next release.[/QUOTE'] fantastic, cant wait for it.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
[quote name='duoteknia;54184]PLEASE HELP....I'm a newbie at this...!!!I just got my aPad (the box says iRobot). It's an Aluminium model' date=' with the oval iRobot logo on the back, Red LED light, 9V charger, and a camera in the front. Here's the [URL=info:Model]info:Model[/URL] Number: MID070R1Firmware Version: 1.5Kernel version: 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7 (ruiguan)Build Number: RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100729.130751My question is: Since the factory firmware is slooooooow.....What custom firmware should I use...??? Any tutorials on how to do it...???Thank you very much in advance....!!![/QUOTE'] See this post - http://www.slatedroid.com/apad-roge...ybrid-6-beta-test-batch-2-a-14.html#post54261also it is good not to post the same questions across multiple threads, just post it once, there are a lot of people that read, and they will reply with helpful information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.