Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I somehow screwed up my Roger 6 Beta firmware where as soon as it booted to the main screen it disapeared, so I installed the latest version of your code Donaldson and it is good, thanks man.Like others said there is no place to enter "My Location" in Google Maps, but I do like that I have double the space on my home page to put shortcuts and widgets. I couldn't get the weather skins to work, but that was just me not trying hard.I also seem to be getting the error "SORRY! Process android.process.acore is not responding - Force Close - Wait". Not sure what that's all about.I look forward to trying out the latest software, THANKS!!!! Much appreciated for you guys doing this work and posting it!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just unistalled Advanced Task Killer and I no loger get this error message: "SORRY! Process android.process.acore is not responding - Force Close - Wait". My wife's LG GW620 Android 1.5 phone has been getting this error a lot lately as well, I'll try uninstalling ATK.I like using Taskiller better anyway.I also like how it doesn't run a bunch of programs automatically in the background (at least it seems like it on this firmware). The bad thing is that there seem to be a lot of ads on apps that I didn't notice ads on before (again could just be me though).

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is what I use to load new firmware. I never do anything with the SD Card, reformat or Flash or anything, I just follow these instructions and it does everything automatically.I took this from a post by Rariv on another thread:http://www.slatedroid.com/apad-andr...red-led-md01-v6-0-3-27-bootloader-only-3.html Originally Posted by Rariv This was the way I did it:Download this tool here HiApad and extract to your Desktop or some other folder.Then, turn your aPad off, and put the tiny power switch in the Off position, the On again. (but don't turn on the aPad).Connect the USB cable to your PC in a USB2 port (but not on the aPad yet).On the aPad, press and hold the MENU button (see those 2 buttons on top of the aPad? is the one on the left). While holding the button, connect the mini-USB to the aPad, on the connector nearest to the audio plug. You can release the MENU button now.(Note: If you don't press and hold the button, the Apad will turn itself on, and you don't want that.)If you PC asks for drivers, they are supplied with that package.Then run RKAndroidDM.exe. It should recognize the aPad. Just select the FW, and hit Update. The flashing process takes around 1 or 2 minutes. After that a message of success should appear, and the aPad will reboot (you can disconnect the USB now).If the aPad doesn't reboot, don't worry, just turn it on again. After that you'll see the boot screen for a very long time (maybe 4 minutes or so?) and you'll be prompted to re-calibrate the screen (starting in the top-left corner). After that, you're all set.Anyway, you should try to see other guides, and videos of the whole process, just to be sure. Remember to double and triple check everything to make sure this is your aPad, and that you are doing everything right. I did my apad right in my first attempt. It's not a hard task once you've done for the first time, but it's worth taking your time to avoid silly errors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
[quote name='ZilverZurfarn;63526]Problem is not the SD card' date=' but internal ram, that at times show up as unformated after a successful flash. Simply hook the tablet (on and fully booted) up to a Windows computer via USB and format the drive that (should) show up in Windows Explorer[/QUOTE']Oh NOW I see what the deal is, thanks for making this clear. Luckily I haven't had this problem yet, but now I understand what many people are talking about.Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just unistalled Advanced Task Killer and I no loger get this error message: "SORRY! Process android.process.acore is not responding - Force Close - Wait". Actually I am still getting that error alot, so it wasn't related to ATK, sorry about that.Can't wait for the next release, thanks!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.