334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I fix Rotate
es, fix rotate! 2295.65%
o, relax in the backyard14.35%

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
This is a BATCH 2, RED LED, CAMERA, ROM only.This rom is a work in progress... much like Rogers 6.0 Hybrid Rom.This rom is a compilation of the Smart Pad Rom, the RB 5.1 Kernal, and bits and pieces from the RAmos W7. It works. So, I am a teacher. I go back to work on Tuesday. Your call. Download the ROM, play with it. Have fun, whatever. If you think I should fix the rotate problem, let me know. Otherwise, fall back to a ROM you like, knowing that I'm dinkin' beer in the backyard these last few days.***************UpdateThis is the link to the latest ROM over at Rapidshare:http://rapidshare.com/files/417453126/update.img.html. This firmware features:SmartPad & RAmos W7 frameworks (very fast!)Xau's Recovery (so we can adb shell reboot recovery and the keys work!)Xau's Boot.img mods: based on his boot image, but debranded.I've added the following appsWeather WidgetOrig Ebook app from W7 Spare Parts (set end button behaviour)Have fun. And remember: batch 2 ONLY.I'll get this uploaded to slatedroid as soon as I can.***************Update /12/09/2010This is the link to the latest ROM over at Rapidshare:http://rapidshare.com/files/418690612/mercury.img.htmlThis firmware features:NetworkLcation working. Setup Wifi. Open Google Maps and click My Location - usually good to 70 meters! Use the Weather widget provided... and select "Always use phone's location"....SmartPad & RAmos W7 frameworks (very fast!)Xau's Recovery (so we can adb shell reboot recovery and the keys work!)Xau's Boot.img mods: based on his boot image, but debranded.I've added the following appsAdhocable (untested)AldikoWeather WidgetSpare Parts (set end button behaviour)Have fun. And remember: batch 2 ONLY.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad you like it. The Home Screen launcher is from the RAmos W7. When I sold my W7 to mingnon, I missed the launcher so much I figure a way to get it back!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Forgot to add that I used your Recovery Xaueious... thanks! Otherwise, you're right, this rom is based on the smartpad, ramos framework - but I say that up top, don't I when I write: much like Rogers 6.0 Hybrid Rom. ;)But no one had the W7 launcher: that's my contribution. Fixed the auto rotate bug (partly thanks to you, Roger), and will release tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
@pulidzzNo worries, will be updating the ROM within the hour.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Alright!We are all fixed. Here is the rapidshare link to the file: RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (we are not yet updated at Slatedroid - I can't upload for some reason). I have updated the link in the first post as well.We now rotate correctly. This is partly due to taking a look at Roger's fix for his hybrid ROM (Roger borrowed code from an earlier ROM to get the hybrid working - makes sense to me), however it was also necessary to hack at the W7 launcher a bit, too. Ultimately, it was the launcher that was incompatible. Having said that, the rotationForOrientation method used in our Apad's firmware is seriously screwed and a bad example of prgramming to any beginning programmer. Who hard codes a constant? We didn't in my day.Having said that, you might get a force close after calibration. Happened to me once over three or four installs. So I am just warning.Thanks go out to: Xau for his recovery.img, to Roger for providing a reference when things weren't quite working as expected and to Mp4 who always seems to be willing to upload my files when I ask. There is still lots to be done. Not because this is an unfinished ROM. It's no more finished or unfinished than any others. But because our Rockchip 2808 are hardy little devices that still deserve a little attention. I appreciate that many people can just go out and buy another tablet... but this is the one that I have. So, I think I'll just keep working at it.Oh, and somewhere in the wallpapers i buried a Slatedroid wallpaper... see if you can find it!Let me know if things are broke. I will fix them.

G

·
Wallpapers! There are never any wallpapers that fill the screen in landscape mode. I use this wallpaper for my aPad - Wood Wallpaper 2 by ~Oliuss on deviantARTI agree with your sentiments about working on this ROM, for those of us who won't be buying another tablet (I have a batch 2 red led aPad and an Eken M001.. that's enough) it's great that someone will keep fighting on.xau's kernel module builds should quicken things up a bit, can't wait to see it incoporated into some ROMs!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
[quote name='supersauce;51729]xau's kernel module builds should quicken things up a bit' date=' can't wait to see it incoporated into some ROMs![/QUOTE']I thought that my release was pretty up to date. Can you point me in a direction? I know that the Archos source was just released (haven't had a chance to look through it yet, though). But if Xau has released some good stuff lately that can be incorporated - let me know! **** Found it! Reading! Thanks supersauce for the head's up!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@hucqim80I don't think that is a worry as long as you share what you did, tell us why, and share it to others who might find it useful!

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.