Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please

Is there a firmware version for the onda vi40 ultimate that gives the android stuff in english.
I have changed the language and keyboard setting but cant change the android apps

Also onda is often not recognised on apps store, is there a work round to get apps to download.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hi
no one as cleaned the ultimate firmware as yet on slatedroid and re-uploaded it for download.
your tablet should come pre-rooted.All you need to-do is download ES file explorer when you open it go into settings by pressing menu.Scroll down to root explorer and tick it,also tick the mount file system rewrite box.
Go into systen folder/apps you can long press and delete the chinese apps.
You need BONDO2 fix for market on slatedroid forum.
Download his fix go into ES explorer-into system-into ETC folder-into permissions and paste bondo fix in their.
go to settings and to apps clear google play store-turn off tablet and restart into goole playstore you should see facebook etc and they should download.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It would be really great if one of the experts on here could have a crack at the V1.2 firmware for the Ultimate. It is a really nice tablet and I'm happy with mine, but it would be nice to get it working faster with more streamlined firmware. Just to note, if I use the Onda store app and search for an app I can't download in the google market app it sometimes works. I managed to get the facebook app this way.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Should I wait for the Onda Vi40 Dual Core, or is the Ultimate good enough?
The vi40 ultimate/elite are really a very good tablet. But now prices are starting to drop from 3 months ago, you'll be able to buy the dual-core for less than i was giving for the elite.
The dual-core should be way quicker/and handle a lot more top end games etc.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have an Ultimate and really like it would be a lot better with better firmware, been looking at the specs for the dual core and why have they not included Bluetooth.

Nick

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have ordered a dual core from onda site £138.00 a steal
I wonder what you could ultimately use the Bluetooth for you got a data cable for computer to swap data?
I can not think what I would use the Bluetooth for, maybe headphones or something?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts