Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi All

To clarify my question and make sure we are on the same page.

I can make my onda vi40 a hot spot and see/connect my iphone to it no problem.

What I want/need to do ( actually really need to do!) is to connect to the adhoc network my iphone creates.

Can anyone verify that can already do this?

Chris
FIXED

Guys - I read heaps of fouroums and I changed the name of my iphone to AdhocPhone.

It now works. My original name had a apostrophie (`) in it and it could of been that that made it now work.

ME = HAPPY

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a VI20W, which seems to be basically the same as the VI30W, except for the smaller size. It has no cameras.

Is there any way to use the firmware? maybe change init.rc and the other startup config files? or are the drivers different?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have a VI20W, which seems to be basically the same as the VI30W, except for the smaller size. It has no cameras.

Is there any way to use the firmware? maybe change init.rc and the other startup config files? or are the drivers different?
too many things are different the drivers are just the start,so this firmware can't be used

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Many thanks,what it was i had a livesuit that did not have the format function on it so was pulling my hair out as to how the hell i could format it,have now used a different livesuit and followed your instructions and all went well .cheers
I flashed mine last night and had some issues where I couldn't get Livesuit to recognize the tablet. I'd get to the "Finish" screen in which you need to hold the middle button, plug in the microUSB and then press power quickly 6-10 times and nothing would happen.

I remembered Roman indicating somewhere that the Onda may need to be shutdown for 5-10 minutes for it the be completely powered down. I powered down, left it for 15 minutes and then tried the Livesuit finger dance and got it to take.

So far so good. Moving between homescreens seems faster. I'm still seeing some lag with browsing (with the Boat Browser Mini).

BTW, the new menu icon (3 vertical dots) on the toolbar is nice so I don't have to physically use the tablet's button.

Thanks for the new ROM.

smithmal

·
Registered
21 Posts
FIXED

Guys - I read heaps of fouroums and I changed the name of my iphone to AdhocPhone.

It now works. My original name had a apostrophie (`) in it and it could of been that that made it now work.

ME = HAPPY
Please tell me what you do to rename you hotspot? I cant do it at my onda.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Please tell me what you do to rename you hotspot? I cant do it at my onda.
Hello.

I couldnt see my iphone adhoc hotspot. I contacted the company that sold me the tablet and they told me it wasnt compatible.

I started reading fouroums & messed about with several wpa_supplicant files - this didnt fix my problem ( and infact caused some )

I tried out a bunch of firmwares - the one I like the most is the one in this thread Firmware 1.1 Angel V3.

Now I will never know if it is firmware that fixed my problem - but if it was THANK YOU

Before flashing to V3 ( from V2) I re named my iphone ( in itunes, double click on your device on the left hand screen)

I called mine Adhoc Chris. Previously it was called Chris`sIhone. -- After making this change i COULD see and connect to my iphone (v2&v3 firmware)

I would follow the steps I did.

Onda vi40 without a wifi connection is not good on the move

·
Registered
3 Posts
New:
- Tuned init.rc
- Tuned Network
- Tuned Sdcard
- Google Play Fixed

Apps:
New added
- AndSMB (Samba/CIFS/Windows share client)
- sshdroid(Shell Server)
- Mobilvoip

Deleted:
Phone and Phoneprovider

My Antutu Benchmark : 3014

and i can connect my iphone4 over "personal WiFi hotspot"

personal WiFi hotspot working with iphone4+

Now Tablet working faster

DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE ANGELv3
this rom already rooted?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Now Tablet working faster
DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE ANGELv3
Hi orti1980,

I'm keen to evaluate this firmware; however rapidshare is being incredibly slow and the download is persistently interrupted after 2 hours at around ~150Mb :cry:

Would it be possible to upload this firmware to another provider please? Hotfile ( http://hotfile.com/ ) has always been reasonably good.

Many thanks for your considerable efforts

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Hi orti1980,

I'm keen to evaluate this firmware; however rapidshare is being incredibly slow and the download is persistently interrupted after 2 hours at around ~150Mb :cry:

Would it be possible to upload this firmware to another provider please? Hotfile ( http://hotfile.com/ ) has always been reasonably good.

Matt
Matt,

If this is not done by someone else earlier, I will upload it to hotfile myself tonight. I agree with RS issues. RS has really hit the crapper since they throttled the DL speed back in February for non-paid users. I had several attempts that timed out myself.

smithmal

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi orti1980,

Matt
It is in my dropbox if you want to grab it.

Dont know how long it will be available, or bandwidth limits are.

Also in my Google Drive now

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Guys - thanks so much for the firmware.

One comment, the market scripts you are using arnt as compete as they could be, I have found other self installing scripts that give almost everythying, but I am worried they may slow the overall speed of the ROM by changing something.

Can anyone comment on this?

Chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, im hoping some of you guys can help.Its my first post so be kind. I have had plenty of experience flashing tablets and sorts (nvflash,zpad,htc desire etc) so i game my onda vi40 a go with the tnt firmware which was a doddle and worked first time.Having seen this firmware i decided to give it a try.

The problem is i cannot get it to recognize the tab.I have tried a couple of versions of live suite as well as xp and windows seven.I am pulling my hair out.

As read in other articles i have left the pad off for a while,pressed the menu button and cycled the power button a few times (which worked the first time)

Could it be somthing with the tnt firmware?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
So far so good, pre-installed google apps would have been nice.
Hi,

First of all many thanks for yours and others efforts so far. Really do appreciate the hard work everyone puts in. Just flashed my Onda Vi40 Elite V3. No problems there, but some issues have arisen that were not there before and I am wondering is it just me or are other people experiencing the same problem.

- I can seem to access my ext. SD card (32gb Lexar Class 10) which I was able to via my stock baseband (v1.1). I've downloaded a number of other file explorer programme's with no joy

- When using a DLNA browser (aVia - latest version) some of the video files that will not work natively does not appear to give me the option to work with associated programmes, like MX player which use to be the case.

Otherwise it's a great update with more apps available than just using the normal baseband. Keep up the good work

·
Registered
48 Posts
No stability problems so far. I did deinstall 2x battery, cause it messed up splashtop remote HD. I do experience weird battery calibration issues. Sometimes the battery level is reset to 100% without charging. I did experience calibration issues in my former flash (TNT v9) so it might be a bug in the v1.1 baseband. Hoping they fix it in baseband 1.2 .
Hi just a quick question, is this ROM a improvement on the TNT v9 Rom? Is it faster, more stable?

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Hi, im hoping some of you guys can help.Its my first post so be kind. I have had plenty of experience flashing tablets and sorts (nvflash,zpad,htc desire etc) so i game my onda vi40 a go with the tnt firmware which was a doddle and worked first time.Having seen this firmware i decided to give it a try.

The problem is i cannot get it to recognize the tab.I have tried a couple of versions of live suite as well as xp and windows seven.I am pulling my hair out.

As read in other articles i have left the pad off for a while,pressed the menu button and cycled the power button a few times (which worked the first time)

Could it be somthing with the tnt firmware?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, love this firmware but I can't install Google Maps and some other google apps. Could someone help me how can I fixed this??

21 - 39 of 39 Posts