Android Tablets Forum banner
141 - 160 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Hi Roman,

You're doing a great job! I will be getting my Onda vi40 elite shortly. I would like to upgrade firmware to 1.1 Can you please clarify for me: 1) will LiveSuite work from Windows Vista? 2) In your instructions you have No.17 A. B. C. to turn 'elf' on first time after disconnect. Is it the same to turn the Onda vi40 elite on after disconnect? Thanks.
- Harisun
If the device doesn't just "come on" on its own after flashing, you can disconnect it and then power cycle until it starts to boot.

Power Cycle = Press Power button for 30 seconds - Release for 15 - Press for 30 seconds - Release for 15 (repeat until it starts to boot). You really shouldn't have to do the above more than once or twice through.

-Roman

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
The last couple of days this ROM worked great, but now every time I reboot the device it does a reset. All settings are reset, I only have my system apps, the apps I moved with app2SD are gone, even though I can see the apps under "/mnt/secure/asec". Also, under Settings->Storage->Internal Storage it says "Total space 0.00B". Under Settings->Apps->On SD Card it shows 0.95GB used, but it also says "No apps". Is this perhaps ROM related?

Update: nevermind, I did a livesuite normal upgrade like Jonny5Bellies mentioned and now I got all my apps and settings back.

-Belisarius
That is so very odd of a problem

Several have reported it now and I am not sure if it is my firmware or the device itself that is to blame. I haven't seen this yet on any of my devices (knock on wood).

-Roman

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Hi Roman

My tablet came with your firmware installed by the reseller, I have now flashed Jayleo/LVL firmware which seems much better suited to the tablet and more stable, my problem is your company logo pops up as soon as the tablet is powered on, can you tell me what file to change to remove your logo please?

Thanks
Perhaps you should ask the reseller who used my firmware...

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Hello

I tried this firmware with my onda vi40 and use the Huawei E122 3g usb dongle. Works fine but after the WLAN ist not wake up anymore! Not saved network detected not new network find. Only after factory reset the wirless lan is working fine again. This issue with original onda 1.1/1.0 firmware too. What can I do or what ist going wrong?
Thanks
Zoomer
I would disconnect the 3G dongle, reflash, and test for a week to make sure your Wlan is okay. It might be a defective Wireless chip and not related to your 3G modem
. In which case you will want to contact the seller for repair/replacement.

Kind Regards and good luck,

Roman

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Thanks for the advice - such a basic mistake - didn't realise there were more settings I could scroll down to beneath 'Security' which had looked like the last one on the list. Whoops! How embarrassing ...
No embarrassment

Learning a new operating system is bound to mean a few bumps here and there. Figuring stuff out though by using it is the best way to learn it. Keep it up!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Roman, Thankyou for your contribution to the tabelt scene - unfortunately I only stumbled across your store after getting my Vi40.

Just a quick note to the chap that complained about your ROM - it is possible for "anyone" to bake a ROM - but for probably 98% of people that just isnt an option! and I certainly have no idea where to start, or the time and resources to start learning, so I think you are fully entitled to brand your work as you wish...

I do have a query though... with the offical Onda firmware I ws able to install the NAWAY app (using the onda store), but now it states that it isnt compatible with my device - much the same with the UK national Trust application... I am using your latest release as of 1st May. Angry birds, etc all work fine... but lots of apps seem incompatible, is there any way around this??

Keep up the good work!
I could put the onda store app back into the next release of the firmware. Many folks are toying with build.prop modifications as well.

The build.prop file (which I more or less left alone) basically spells out what your device is, what it is running, and also several persistent system settings (including language) and other fun stuff like the heapsize for your programs. It isn't nearly as scary as it sounds though. It is just a plant-text file that sits in the system folder. There are several lines you can modify to make your device look like a Google Nexus phone for instance. Doing this can help improve market results and may help more apps install that otherwise would not on an "unrecognized" device.

I was relatively pleased with the Market results and compatibility I was getting with the base onda build.prop so I kept it the same. However several folks now have reported app compatibility issues. Honestly, I can do a bit to remediate this but it is also just part of the android ecosystem. Not all apps work on all devices

With that being said, I have heard the Jayleo firmware has fairly good app compatibility so I can take a look at the build.prop in it and see if it won't work in the next firmware release.

Kind regards,

Roman

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
In my experience, flashing the Onda stock 1.1 restores the default boot animation and logo. I tried Roman's ROM, but replaced it with stock when the BusyBox problem screwed up my Onda and I had to reflash to fix it.
I am still not sure what causes the busybox problem that has been reported. I would like to track it down and fix it if it is indeed an issue. I have been running the ROM for weeks now without having come across this issue and it is very hard to fix something that is not repeatable on my end

-Roman

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am still not sure what causes the busybox problem that has been reported. I would like to track it down and fix it if it is indeed an issue. I have been running the ROM for weeks now without having come across this issue and it is very hard to fix something that is not repeatable on my end

-Roman
Hi, I want to report that I have this prolem too. I remember that when it happened, the device shut off itself because low battery, when I put to charge and turn on, all programs are lost. I remember several times to shut off or retart before, without the problem. Maybe it can be related to low batery ? But now, after reflash (without wipe out) and change busybox, didn´t happened again.

Another question (that I put in my other post, but no one give a tip about), is that I´m trying to install Wolfram Alpha (downloaded from mobilism). The app didn´t apears in play store. When I start the installation, it show the permissions, I agree, but after it says "the program isn´t not installed". The same apk installed fine in my daugther galaxy tab. You think that this can be solved with tweaks in build.prop ?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Roman, can you tell me how did you fix this issue?

Cheers
It was fixed in Baseband 1.1. I have another A10 device here on Baseband 1.2. it came from 1.0.

In 1.0 youtube and netflix wouldn't work. 1.1 forward all seems well in streaming media land.

-Roman

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Hi, I want to report that I have this prolem too. I remember that when it happened, the device shut off itself because low battery, when I put to charge and turn on, all programs are lost. I remember several times to shut off or retart before, without the problem. Maybe it can be related to low batery ? But now, after reflash (without wipe out) and change busybox, didn´t happened again.

Another question (that I put in my other post, but no one give a tip about), is that I´m trying to install Wolfram Alpha (downloaded from mobilism). The app didn´t apears in play store. When I start the installation, it show the permissions, I agree, but after it says "the program isn´t not installed". The same apk installed fine in my daugther galaxy tab. You think that this can be solved with tweaks in build.prop ?
Thanks
If it is giving you "program is not intalled" that is usually an issue with the APK or program itself. If it is just a bad APK file, then changing the build.prop around and getting it from the store *might fix it.

Does anyone have recommendations on a good/proven build.prop mod for this device? I would prefer to emulate another device that has the same kind of GPU if possible.

-Roman

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi All,
I want to update my firmware to TNT's V9, but first I'm trying to update to Onda's Baseband V1.1 firmware.
I'm using Livesuit to accomplish this, but the software won't "find" the img file I downloaded and have on my desktop.
Am I doing something wrong???

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi All,
I want to update my firmware to TNT's V9, but first I'm trying to update to Onda's Baseband V1.1 firmware.
I'm using Livesuit to accomplish this, but the software won't "find" the img file I downloaded and have on my desktop.
Am I doing something wrong???
Make sure there are no chinese characters in the .img file..and why not just flash the TNT rom..why do the v1.1 first then the TNT since the TNT is based on 1.1?
Just a newbie trying to learn all I can

·
Registered
37 Posts
Make sure there are no chinese characters in the .img file..and why not just flash the TNT rom..why do the v1.1 first then the TNT since the TNT is based on 1.1?
Just a newbie trying to learn all I can
I'm a newbie too and trying to figure this out...
I did try to erase the chinese characters, but that didn't seem to work either.

I just assumed that I needed to have Onda's V1.1 already installed on the tablet before I upgrade to TNT's firmware.
Isn't TNT's firmware based on Onda's V1.1? Doesn't that mean I need to have V1.1 on there first before putting TNT's firmware on?
Again, dumb newbie question...

Disregard, I just installed TNT's firmware without updating to Onda Baseband V1.1, and so far it's working great!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am not sure either

Check your serial number on the back of your device to make sure you have a V3 unit. This firmware only works with V3 units.

If you DO have a V3 unit, try to flash again and see if that fixes it. I cannot replicate this issue on my device.

Kind Regards and Good Luck,

Roman
Roman,

Im having the SAME issue. Every time I reboot, everything is gone.

Any fix to this???

JT

·
Registered
116 Posts
Try uninstalling busybox and re installing changing the install path to /system/bin and NOT /system/xbin

This solved it for me..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Try uninstalling busybox and re installing changing the install path to /system/bin and NOT /system/xbin

This solved it for me..
That seems to work..... for now.... Im waiting to turn it on again one day and have everything gone again. Wow, lots of issues with this ROM. I tried to install Titanium Backup and it says, "This devise is NOT rooted!". WTF ???? I said screw it and attempted to do a factory restore, and THAT didnt work!!! I still have this ROM coming up????? Im kind of a newbie at this but, I just want a clean running tablet thats all. I thought I would try this ROM from Roman but now Im wishing I would have just left it alone!! Can someone tell me how to get it back to the original ROM that came on it from the factory??? I'll flash it later on wen all the bugs are worked out.

JT

·
Registered
29 Posts
That seems to work..... for now.... Im waiting to turn it on again one day and have everything gone again. Wow, lots of issues with this ROM. I tried to install Titanium Backup and it says, "This devise is NOT rooted!". WTF ???? I said screw it and attempted to do a factory restore, and THAT didnt work!!! I still have this ROM coming up????? Im kind of a newbie at this but, I just want a clean running tablet thats all. I thought I would try this ROM from Roman but now Im wishing I would have just left it alone!! Can someone tell me how to get it back to the original ROM that came on it from the factory??? I'll flash it later on wen all the bugs are worked out.

JT
Johnny .... When you find a clean running tablet running ICS, let us all know please

So far I have found the TNT rom the best, the only main problem is Busybox, I am sure Roman will believe the rest of us in the end that budybox has caused a problem.
But this is a great rom & you will not benefit by going back to the Ona rom

·
Registered
42 Posts
Johnny .... When you find a clean running tablet running ICS, let us all know please

So far I have found the TNT rom the best, the only main problem is Busybox, I am sure Roman will believe the rest of us in the end that budybox has caused a problem.
But this is a great rom & you will not benefit by going back to the Ona rom
Ok, I'll chill for a few..... Obviously as I stated.... Im a newbie. I bought the U9GT2 a few weeks ago. GREAT tablet, love it. Only one thing.... The Wifi sucks.... bad! I cant even leave the room where my router is or I lose the signal. SO I thought I would try the Onda Vi40..... Now this.... : (

The U9GT2 is for sale by the way. Anyone? Im in Michigan in the US. It's 3 weeks old, still like brand new in the box. Paid $245.00 for it. Make an offer. I may be selling the Onda instead if I cant get it figured out??? lol...

EDIT: FIXED IT !!!!!! I uninstalled BB and installed the JRummy16 version of it and BAM!! FIXED!! I rebooted it a few times and no more resetting!!

JT

141 - 160 of 192 Posts