Android Tablets Forum banner
181 - 192 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear Roman,
it seems you have done a great job.
Somehow I cannot enjoy it, I cannot install the firmware.
I install the live suit, I am stock in the moment i connect the tablet to the computer.(step 9)
I complete step 9 but the popup doesn't appear - Step 10
Please help - don't know what to do.
Tnx
D
Same problem here. On step 9 PC doesn't detect my tablet. "USB debugging" option is ticked. Tablet is V3.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Same problem here. On step 9 PC doesn't detect my tablet. "USB debugging" option is ticked. Tablet is V3.
Thanks in advance!
Sounds like the drivers you need aren't installed. This topic might help you. I recommend you connect the tablet to your PC with the tablet switched on and "USB Debugging" on to get the drivers installed. Once they are installed, you can then go through the flash process, and the PC should now recognise the tablet.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like the drivers you need aren't installed. This topic might help you. I recommend you connect the tablet to your PC with the tablet switched on and "USB Debugging" on to get the drivers installed. Once they are installed, you can then go through the flash process, and the PC should now recognise the tablet.

Hope this helps.
Thanks - that was helpful advice!

·
Registered
10 Posts
WOW thanks a lot !

this is an awsome update!

Still having snages getting BBC iplayer working, and cant find any other TV apps?

What is the best clocking or over clocking app?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I'm having two battery related problems. I've been recharging the battery through usb. Recently, when the percentage gets to 30%, it suddenly jumps to 99% and it stays there until the battery is exhausted. I run a calibration utility but nothing changed.
To make things worse, when I connect the AC charger to the tablet nothing happens. How can I check if the charger is dead?

Can you help me?
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Roman,

Cracking ROM, installed and love it, very nice over standard for my Onda vi40...

One question....how do I get some UK apps on like banking ones? Some of them say, not available to install...

Any ideas?

Cheers

Rich

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi I live in the UK and edited the build.prop to the following in an attemp to get UK apps working such as Met Office weather forcast. However still says the app is not compatible. I've tried clearing google.play data and even deleting the dalvik cahce so it must be something else in the build prop. Any Ideas??

# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=IML74K
ro.build.display.id=Onda_TNTv9_www.topnotchtablets.com_1.1-base_v3
ro.build.version.incremental=20120409
ro.build.version.sdk=15
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.0.3
ro.build.date=2012年 04月 09日 星期一 10:41:55 CST
ro.build.date.utc=1333939316
ro.build.type=eng
ro.build.user=lgm
ro.build.host=WServer
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=Onda Vi40 Elite - Top Notch Tablets Edition
ro.product.brand=SoftWinnner
ro.product.name=mid
ro.product.device=crane-m1003h6
ro.product.board=crane
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=unknown
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=GB
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=exDroid
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=crane-m1003h6
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=mid-eng 4.0.3 IML74K 20120409 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=SoftWinnner/mid/crane-m1003h6:4.0.3/IML74K/20120409:eng/test-keys
ro.build.characteristics=tablet
# end build properties

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.com.android.dateformat=dd-MM-yyyy
ro.config.ringtone=Ring_Synth_04.ogg
ro.config.notification_sound=pixiedust.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=5m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=48m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
persist.sys.timezone=Europe/London
persist.sys.language=en
persist.sys.country=GB
wifi.interface=wlan0
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=15
debug.egl.hw=1
ro.display.switch=1
ro.opengles.version=131072
persist.sys.strictmode.visual=0
persist.sys.strictmode.disable=1
hwui.render_dirty_regions=false
persist.sampling_profiler=1
persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage,adb
persist.service.adb.enable=0
ro.product.firmware=1.1
ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

·
Registered
11 Posts
It has been a work of love, and 3 days of blood (our cat scratched me at one point), sweat (my office is in the back sun-room where the A/C doesn't work so well) and tears (the cat scratch really hurt...)
... so be happy...

So far I am loving Onda Baseband v 1.1 and I am loving our new custom firmware even more. We fully loaded this firmware up. I personally tested 6 different web browsers for the best speed, smoothness, and website compatibility.

I also personally tested 2 different launchers (in addition to the stock one) for speed and smoothness. Before finally making a decision.

We did custom boot animations, redid the background, cleaned out the Chinese apps, rooted the device, and installed our own app suite with a heavy focus on what we view as "essential" apps (we did add 2 games, 2 popular e-reading programs, and google earth... this is for our customers primarily and for the "out of the box" experience it is more fun when there is at least one or two things to play...)

We left the "vending.apk" alone as testing showed that it auto-updates pretty much within 10 - 15 minutes after first sign-in to the market. Updated Vending.apk

We did apply the market permissions fix that allows things like "angry birds" to show up.

Between the new launcher, selective choice of ONE fast light browser, and the fact that baseband 1.1 is just that much better, this should take your device to a new level of performance (both real and perceived).

For EVEN BETTER performance... change the launcher settings to turn off background scrolling (you know, the panning that the background does when you swipe left and right.)

Lean, mean, optimized, and sexy as hell; this is our best firmware on our hottest device to date! Enjoy!

Full List of Apps and why we went with what we did:
Boat Browser Mini - Yes the name is dumb, but this by far one of the quickest, smoothest, and easiest browsing experiences available. We know, because tested about 10 different sites across 6 different browsers multiple times. Yes... we dumped the stock browser, it is really annoying and slow when you type. The whole focus of this firmware was/is speed and smoothness. I now love Boat Browser

NOVA Launcher - I REALLY REALLY LIKED Apex launcher... but at the end of the day, NOVA is faster and more stable. We tested by setting each launcher (stock as well) with 2 - 3 full screens off app icons and widgets and then scrolled through. NOVA was the winner by quite a bit over stock and a hair over Apex. The only game stopper for Apex was that sometimes the app drawer wouldn't open properly. So NOVA it was and it is faster too by a hair.

Amazon Kindle, B&N Nook - We installed both these reading apps as they are popular and don't run anything in the background like Aldiko which is free but "admob" supported. They are both very popular apps so it made sense anyhow. If you don't want 'em, delete 'em, because they aren't system apps.

Elixir 2 - the best system info tool ever created. Perhaps more for our use but I think most people will like having it.

Kingsoft Office - This application is FREE and it ROCKS - Read and Edit any kind of document including DOCX!

Es File Explorer, Root Explorer, Linda Manager - The first two folks are familiar with... the last one (Linda Manager) is more user friendly AND has the incredibly wonderful ability to make direct shortcuts to any folder right on the desktop. Root Explorer and ES File Explorer for your hardcore stuff, Linda Manager for your day to day file operations...

Super HD Player & Moboplayer - I really debated about Moboplayer as it is "admob" supported but it is one of the best video players I have come across for soft-decoding so it stays...

ES Task Manager - I love the task killer widget... so handy, so easy to use. This is my favorite task killer by far...

News and Weather Widget - Another favorite of mine and one of the quickest ways to get some daily infotainment.

Busybox, Superuser - Yep... it is rooted...

Appmonster - Quick and easy way to back up APK files from your device

Google Maps - Wouldn't be complete without it...

Youtube App - Love the Youtube app
- FAST FORWARD AND REWIND ARE FINALLY WORKING!!

Temple Run and Radiant Lite - Two fun, free, no harm to your tablet with admob crap games... Enjoy!

Things I forgot but can still be gotten from the market without any hassle... GMAIL, Google Play Music...
ADDED THESE TO THE FINAL

There are some other odds and ends apps in there. All the chinese stuff was taken out.

-Roman

LINK:
http://www.topnotchtablets.com/Vi40eliteUpgrade

EDIT: First boot... Just leave the tablet alone for 15 minutes while everything boots and finishes installing. Even once Android starts up, just leave the thing ALONE for 15 minutes. Go get some coffee and then come back. This is only the first boot and all subsequent boots will be way faster.
Thank you Roman!!! This ROM is brilliant - I cannot say enough great things about it. My battery has stopped going bonkers (I now get a true reading) my Netflix is fixed (the stock ROM stopped it working) my internet is faster (Boat Browser is fab!) and everything, generally is better

Although my Onda Vi40 is almost 2 yrs old now, I can honestly say that this is the best it has ever been.

You ROCK!

·
Registered
4 Posts
im having problems installing the tnt firmware, following the guide I get up to the point of holding the menu button down, inserting the usb cable, pc makes usb connection sound, pressing the power button repeatedly (tried holding down too), device manager shows the driver installed for the onda but (as well as the popup) nothing else happens, I have cwm recovery installed, would that be the problem?

so i cant get to step 10

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

is the Onda vi40 still supported by 3rd parties?
I was about to give away my onda when i found the following firmware (cyanogenmod 10-20121121 unoffical 907):

myfluxi20121121.zip
vi40_compatibility_1.2.fluxi.zip
gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

This tablet now works the way it should be!
Is there a newer firmware out there to test?

Thank you!

181 - 192 of 192 Posts