Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you have bricked your tablet somehow when tinkering with it. Below is a tutorial on how to unbrick your V975i. This guide was originally from LINK.

I have translated the guide using Google Translate and rearranged it a little as below.

For my supporters and donators, a human translation personally done by me will be available on request. Not to mention you will received dedicated support from me in unbricking your beloved V975i. To donate, simply click this sentence.

Unbricking procedure

1. In the off state, hold down the side of the fuselage volume "next" button press and hold, then press the power button to boot after the tablet can boot into the next interface to brush this interface is also called FastBoot (if your tablet off state according to the above steps can not display the following screen is no way to brush)
    Font Engineering Advertising Electric blue Display device
  2. After confirmation can enter more interfaces
    The first one, the first in the official website to download the official firmware upgrade later http://onda.cn/Support/Search.aspx?keyword=I% CB% C4% BA% CB after the download is complete decompression decompression (Fig. 2) Files file name to "update"
    Rectangle Screenshot Font Operating system Software

Rectangle Font Software Screenshot Parallel
  3. 2, and then download the Brush tool http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGsndrS
    After the download is complete unzip to your desktop and then extract from the "IntelAndroidDrvSetup_v1.5.0" Figure 4
    Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Number
  4. The update file (the red line in Figure 3 files) just after the re-installation command to copy the Brush tool folder, and then run the "double-click to open an operation after the implementation of [description]" (Figure 5)
    Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Parallel

Computer Personal computer Screenshot Font Software
  5. 3, flat in the off state to hold down the side of the fuselage volume "next" button press and hold, then press the power button to boot into flat plates FastBoot interface (Figure 1 interface) and then use the data cable tablet PC device connected to the USB interface. After connecting the computer will prompt to install the driver, so after it is installed. On the computer by pressing any key Brush software on the computer display options in the following figure
    Computer Font Screenshot Personal computer Software
  6. Here press 5 and press Enter on the computer.
    Computer Screenshot Font Rectangle Display device
  7. Brush software display operation on the plate after plate Fastboot diagram interface with a flat volume down keys to move the cursor to the recovery option by pressing the power button.
    Wait a half a minute flat and then goes into Recovery mode on the plate volume down key to move the cursor apply update from ADB press the power button.
    The figure below.
    Output device Computer Gadget Personal computer Font
  8. Brush again after entering the operating software on the computer by pressing any key on the keyboard. Brush Brush software begins
    Computer Screenshot Font Software Personal computer
  9. After the prompts to complete (see below) by pressing any key on the keyboard and then operate a tablet in recovery mode in the first reboot system now press the power button
    Computer Screenshot Font Operating system Personal computer
  10. After pressing the start button and start the tablet will automatically restart automatically updates the firmware update is complete twenty-three minutes after the tablet will automatically boot.
    After successful completion of the boot to sue

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I managed to get v975i to state where it would not boot completely, nor boot into recovery either. Apparently this state was preceeded with System UI crashing. Cache wipeout did not fix the case, but managed to make system completely unbootable. UI just would not start, but ADB was active tho.

Rebooted to recovery via ADB and sideloaded v1.06 updatepackage -> all okay.

Rooted system also via adb sideload as update program was updated to v1.06 one which do not allow installation of local ota updates.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I managed to get v975i to state where it would not boot completely, nor boot into recovery either. Apparently this state was preceeded with System UI crashing. Cache wipeout did not fix the case, but managed to make system completely unbootable. UI just would not start, but ADB was active tho.

Rebooted to recovery via ADB and sideloaded v1.06 updatepackage -> all okay.

Rooted system also via adb sideload as update program was updated to v1.06 one which do not allow installation of local ota updates.
Try this http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&tl=en&u=http://www.ondaos.com/forum.php%3Fmod%3Dviewthread%26tid%3D887%26extra%3Dpage%253D1&usg=ALkJrhgJSATV-nZEJZWvTU1oo4z9GdA6wQ At least you will have windows, better than nothing (I think is better than android btw)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was trying to install win 8.1 (as explained in http://androidpc.es/blog/2014/07/12/onda-v975i-ya-tiene-actualizacion-oficial-para-instalar-windows-8-1/). I was in "Step 10" machine rebooted after I ran "Update" tool (inside Android using Update.apk with "v975i_Bios(0708)_Android.zip" ). My machine (v1) is bricked. When I pressed "Power" button I see only black

I tried the ones below :

1) Pressed "Vol-up" button and hold it (button close to the Power button). Then pressed "Power" button and hold it. Waited for FastBoot screen to appear, no image nothing :(

2) Pressed "Vol-up" and "Vol-down" button and hold it. Then pressed "Power" button and hold it. Waited for FastBoot screen to appear, no image nothing :(

Am I missing something here ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was trying to install win 8.1 (as explained in http://androidpc.es/blog/2014/07/12/onda-v975i-ya-tiene-actualizacion-oficial-para-instalar-windows-8-1/). I was in "Step 10" machine rebooted after I ran "Update" tool (inside Android using Update.apk with "v975i_Bios(0708)_Android.zip" ). My machine (v1) is bricked. When I pressed "Power" button I see only black

I tried the ones below :

1) Pressed "Vol-up" button and hold it (button close to the Power button). Then pressed "Power" button and hold it. Waited for FastBoot screen to appear, no image nothing :(

2) Pressed "Vol-up" and "Vol-down" button and hold it. Then pressed "Power" button and hold it. Waited for FastBoot screen to appear, no image nothing :(

Am I missing something here ?
I guess I will answer myself. Looks like the tablet display will not show anything and I will have to use the HDMI output. Just ordered a micro hdmi to HDMI cable to check.

I also noticed that I can hear sound (by saying sound, I mean a "clicking" sound, not a beep or buzz or humm or whatever) when I plugged an earphone (tablet is in ON state but nothing in LCD display) . If I long press Power button and wait (like turning off the tablet) and if I plug earphone, I hear no sound.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess I will answer myself. Looks like the tablet display will not show anything and I will have to use the HDMI output. Just ordered a micro hdmi to HDMI cable to check.

I also noticed that I can hear sound (by saying sound, I mean a "clicking" sound, not a beep or buzz or humm or whatever) when I plugged an earphone (tablet is in ON state but nothing in LCD display) . If I long press Power button and wait (like turning off the tablet) and if I plug earphone, I hear no sound.
unfortuantely no video output from HDMI as well :cray: I'm stuck . Any ideas ?

:help:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.