Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
ONDA Tools & tutorials how to make modded/custom roms edited 2013-02-27

Windows Tools + Linux (Cygwin Windows) Tools - to edit OS Android + to edit kernel
for JB (api 16) for Dual Core Amlogic CPU firmwares only
Required Tools
Tutorials

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Post tools & tutorials how to make modded/custom roms

Windows Tools

ONDA Tools
MediaFire http://www.mediafire.com/?0v3ycdf9dtqfdpi
22mb
md5:27A7B3B95381852CA460FA6D46D3CCF3

Tools tutorials are in the corresponding folders
Required Tools
Tutorials
HowTo_01 MediaFire:
Content: ROM Structure, Application Structure, Modded System Application, Modded User Application, Translate Application, AddRemove language

Additional Files:

AddSystemFonts MediFire:http://www.mediafire.com/?9i8tz6n91z1rjb9 5mb md5:D99D9B9B2D31452AA18C7F75842FC9F5

Linux Tools
Thank so much! can i use this tools for V971? And why i can't see tutorial?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Thank so much! can i use this tools for V971? And why i can't see tutorial?
Tutorial added right now

These tools / tutorials can be used for most AmLogic ROMs

These tools / tutorials can be used for any dual core ONDA tablets (right now with AML cpu)

For any of v7xx v8xx v9xx vi30dc vi40dc models

Can use for v971 for shure

Connor

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tutorial added right now

These tools / tutorials can be used for most AmLogic ROMs

These tools / tutorials can be used for any dual core ONDA tablets (right now with AML cpu)

For any of v7xx v8xx v9xx vi30dc vi40dc models

Can use for v971 for shure

Connor
Thanks for the tutorials, it's really helpful! I've two silly questions:

1) If the stock ROM doesn't have root access (like the Onda JB stock ROM now), is the procedure to custom/mod is same according to your tutorial?
2) How to make it root access during custom/mod (before flashing it to tab)?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Thanks for the tutorials, it's really helpful! I've two silly questions:

1) If the stock ROM doesn't have root access (like the Onda JB stock ROM now), is the procedure to custom/mod is same according to your tutorial?
2) How to make it root access during custom/mod (before flashing it to tab)?
All HowTo_01 can be applied for root/unroot ROMs

Root access grants by binary file - su (superuser)

example - ICS v.1.4 and JB v.2.0 for vi40DC

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

But is not sufficient to simply add su to folder xbin

You need to grant to file properly rights - permissons (it's linux)

set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/su");

in the updater-script (path: system.zip (or update.zip)\META-INF\com\google\android\

(open with Notepad++)

Connor

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll be some time unavailable - want to study JB FW

Sorry

Connor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi valkoz, can you post tutorial creat logo boot for onda tablet? i want change boot logo for onda v971. Thanks!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi valkoz, can you post tutorial creat logo boot for onda tablet? i want change boot logo for onda v971. Thanks!
Later, cause it is Linux Tools

Want now to make JB ROM

Connor

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi does this tutorial applies to all tablets? i want to try creating custom rom for my sanei n10...thanks..
Sure, it'll work because it is general principles

You can not hurt your tablet if you'll make incorrect custom rom. Just flash it back to previous.

Sanei n10 has Allwinner A10 cpu, so it'll be some changes

Connor

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sure, it'll work because it is general principles

You can not hurt your tablet if you'll make incorrect custom rom. Just flash it back to previous.

Sanei n10 has Allwinner A10 cpu, so it'll be some changes

Connor
thanks for your reply..i just want to try making custom rom for my sanei n10 (deluxe version) since most of the developers have abandoned the deluxe version and are now focusing on the quad core version..

hopefully i would make some progress so that i would be able to help other n10 users in keeping their tablets updated..(oops, hopefully i would be able to make some progress
)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Valkoz

I have a DC40 using your custom roms 1.5.0 and you have done an excellent job. It works really good. I'm just waiting for the JB version. I have also bought a v811 and upgrade it to JB 2.0. Although most of the things work ok, the market is missing a lot of apps. Could you include in your guides how to solve the market issues as you have done with the ICS roms?

Best Regards

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Valkoz

I have a DC40 using your custom roms 1.5.0 and you have done an excellent job. It works really good. I'm just waiting for the JB version. I have also bought a v811 and upgrade it to JB 2.0. Although most of the things work ok, the market is missing a lot of apps. Could you include in your guides how to solve the market issues as you have done with the ICS roms?

Best Regards
Hi, trustno12003

Regarding Google Play (Market)

Last 3 years all developers want to resolve "Full Market" problem - receive access to ALL market applications.

There is no easy soulution in principle, because of:

- Google determines your current location (IP address, country) via Wi-Fi and makes country restrictions
Can be resolved by VPN connection

- Google determines your tablet hardware permissions (do you have GPS, mangetometer, etc.) and makes hardware restrictions
Can be resolved by adding to system/etc/permission/ more permissions .xml's

- Google determines your tablet display dpi (you have 160dpi in vi40dc) and makes dpi restrictions
Can be resolved by changing dpi or using modded gapps

- Google determines your connection provider and makes provider restrictions
Can be resolved by using MarketUnlocker, etc.

- Google determines your tablet model/manufacturer and makes model restrictions
Can be resolved by using proper build.prop

- Google determines your tablet OS version (14,15,16,17) and makes OS version restrictions
Can be resolved by using proper build.prop - but carefully

- Also the application developers often give wrong permissions for the applications
Can't be resolved

- Etc.

And - most important - due to permanent updating Google often show/hide applications from market.

So, I use the following:

- change build.prop (for game compatibility, etc. I use i9100 Samsung, sometime i9300)
- add more permissions .xml's
- use VPN
- use MarketUnlocker
- mainly do not use dpi changing

But for ROM I recommend:
- change build.prop
- add permissions (well, you can receive access to gps, bluetooth, magnet apps - but they will be useless mostly if your tablet doesn't have gps, bluetooth, etc.)

Ok, I'll just post the tutorial

Connor

·
Registered
56 Posts
Post tools & tutorials how to make modded/custom roms

Windows Tools

ONDA Tools
MediaFire http://www.mediafire.com/?0v3ycdf9dtqfdpi
22mb
md5:27A7B3B95381852CA460FA6D46D3CCF3

Tools tutorials are in the corresponding folders
Required Tools
Tutorials
HowTo_01 MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/?wz89bdfe3xtja1h 6mb md5:0298ECEFF872392328C64A81F896CBB3
Content: ROM Structure, Application Structure, Modded System Application, Modded User Application, Translate Application, AddRemove language

HowTo_02 as soon as you ask me - but pls do not ask if you can find answers on xda developers http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=565&order=desc
Content: depend on your questions

Additional Files:

AddSystemFonts MediFire: http://www.mediafire.com/?9i8tz6n91z1rjb9 5mb md5:D99D9B9B2D31452AA18C7F75842FC9F5

Linux Tools
Hi Connor,

In ONDAwintools-->ApkTools, you have HowTo document example about framework-res. Is the procedure for other (like Setting, SystemUI) same like here (at the end): Open with 7z file, Drag folder res, Drag file resources.arsc. So, my question is is it enough only to drag res folder and resources.arsc because there's also AndroidManifest?

Thank you!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Connor,

In ONDAwintools-->ApkTools, you have HowTo document example about framework-res. Is the procedure for other (like Setting, SystemUI) same like here (at the end): Open with 7z file, Drag folder res, Drag file resources.arsc. So, my question is is it enough only to drag res folder and resources.arsc because there's also AndroidManifest?

Thank you!
Yes, you can edit any of system (deodexed) files like example about framework-res.

So, my question is is it enough only to drag res folder and resources.arsc because there's also AndroidManifest?

- you need to drag res folder and resources.arsc only!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts