Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I want know too but with Onda Vi40...
Maybe my bluetooth GPS reciver Qstarz Q100P will work with Onda and bluetooth dongle...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a cheap bluetooth dongle from dealextreme.com
dealextreme.com-bluetooth

when I plug it into the usb to mini-usb converter that came with the onda vi40e nothing happens at all.

I'm new to android, so do I need to find drivers for this? Do I need a separate bluetooth app? I see nothing about bluetooth in settings.

·
Registered
104 Posts
On my Onda's settings, there is a bluetooth option. But since I don't have a bluetooth connected, it's impossible to switch it from "off" to "on".

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my Onda's settings, there is a bluetooth option. But since I don't have a bluetooth connected, it's impossible to switch it from "off" to "on".
Even if you have a BT dongle it won't work. The option in settings is part of Android but Onda has no software support for BT (it needs btusb.ko, bluetooth.ko and bluetoothd and some tools)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Even if you have a BT dongle it won't work. The option in settings is part of Android but Onda has no software support for BT (it needs btusb.ko, bluetooth.ko and bluetoothd and some tools)
I also heard from a retailer that it does not support bluetooth

·
Registered
114 Posts
I also heard from a retailer that it does not support bluetooth
BT support is still essential. They have "Wifi Direct" in the latest release, but so much hardware and software is available for BT that it's omission could be a deal-breaker for some.

My USB external Pen-tablet is picked up by the Kernel, but not Android. I want it fixed, but I'm guessing I'm in the minority. Onda should support things like external BT and GPS out of the box, IMHO.

David.

PS. Onda - If you're working on BT - tell us, and tell us when it will be here.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BT support is still essential. They have "Wifi Direct" in the latest release, but so much hardware and software is available for BT that it's omission could be a deal-breaker for some.

My USB external Pen-tablet is picked up by the Kernel, but not Android. I want it fixed, but I'm guessing I'm in the minority. Onda should support things like external BT and GPS out of the box, IMHO.

David.

PS. Onda - If you're working on BT - tell us, and tell us when it will be here.
The kernel is picking the USB but not the BT. Allwinner kernels are not built with btusb and bluetooth modules and since they haven't release the source there is no way to compile them. It is not a big deal and am not sure why no Allwinner tablet manufacturer did it on ICS

·
Registered
114 Posts
The kernel is picking the USB but not the BT. Allwinner kernels are not built with btusb and bluetooth modules and since they haven't release the source there is no way to compile them. It is not a big deal and am not sure why no Allwinner tablet manufacturer did it on ICS
1) Hi. Do you know how I can force Android to pick up my HID compliant USB OTG pen? The HID mouse works.

2) I think the source code is available. I remember reading about it. Do these links here and here and here help?

David.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1) Hi. Do you know how I can force Android to pick up my HID compliant USB OTG pen? The HID mouse works.

2) I think the source code is available. I remember reading about it. Do these links here and here and here help?

David.
1 Not sure what you mean by pick up my HID compliant USB OTG pen, if you mean USB pen, the tablet has to have a driver (kernel module) for it
2 The references are all to kernel 2.6 which is Android 2.3.4, for ICS you need kernel 3.0.8 (I think the source is in the second link but this is new and haven't seen anyone compiling it)

·
Registered
114 Posts
1 Not sure what you mean by pick up my HID compliant USB OTG pen, if you mean USB pen, the tablet has to have a driver (kernel module) for it
2 The references are all to kernel 2.6 which is Android 2.3.4, for ICS you need kernel 3.0.8 (I think the source is in the second link but this is new and haven't seen anyone compiling it)
Would you be kind enough to look at this post for me?

It seems, in my limited understanding, that the Kernel sees the device, but not Android. Is this a manufacturer only issue, or could I find/hack something?

Thanks in advance.

David.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts