Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
On my Pipo M9 max, bluetooth doesn't work (v 2.1), even after Oma's fix applied...
I can enable it (after 4/5 click on the toggle), but when I connect my external speaker, it lost connection (same with my headset)

Does anybody have the BT working in this ROM?

·
Registered
5 Posts
well screenshot's working for me but not bt unfortunately..i've applied the patch too though, almost exactly the same as wt @cacique had

·
Registered
13 Posts
reloaded v2.1

bluetooth working after a few tries, on and off

camera stops when switching to front camera

BTW,

when loading both 2.0 and 2.1 i always got Download error at the Checking download data size at 150k, no idea if this is the reason of my camera app error

·
Registered
1 Posts
V88 by Oma KitKat v2.1

I can confirm switching to the Front Facing camera causes the camera app to force close continuously.

Bluetooth takes about 7-8 tries to turn on. Have to scan a couple of time to discover any nearby devices.

I really like where this Rom is headed. Would be nice to get the above issues worked out first. Then to start adding back in the other features like Multi-Window and Miracast (screen Mirroring).

Running Oma's V2.1 on V88 QUAD162130700504

·
Registered
21 Posts
camera app stopped, when changing to front camera, can anyone confirm?
I confirm. To solve force close, you have to clean app data by app info menu settings, than you can use it again.
However on camera ZOOM Fx camera switching works fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've installed this ROM myself (v88 classic 1st GEN) and have confirmed that tablet cannot boot to CWM and therefore the BT fix patch cannot be installed.

The tablet is able to use WiFi and browse the external SD card (even without flashing the patches linked in the OP).

My install notes are here.

This is just a build release so I'm assuming updates will follow to cleanup the recovery console issue. So far the tablet seems pretty snappy. There are some stability issues, but they seem to become less of an issue the more the tablet is rebooted.

Once installing the ROM, I swapped the default kernel (bob#160) to the newest kernel (#104) without issue.

I'm still noticing tablet lag when updating/downloading apps. I have read that KitKat was supposed to improve this for RK3188 tablets, but so far that does not seem to be the case.

smithmal
Same here Smithmal. Though I will say it's not as bad as it once was.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got the location option enable by default (device only) and the toggle is not visible...impossible to disable it.

Does anybody have the same issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi !!! Install was fine but when i restarted, my tablet is locked and asked me for a PASSWORD ?? What is this pasword (Password eingeben) ??? Thank you ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

thank you so much for your work.

I confirm the camera crash.

For the CWM i found a way... You just have to watch what are you flashing :db:

Inside of the zip, there is also the CMW recovery, so you just have to re-flash the recovery.

I suppose the first recovery is essential for the first boot.

So, open again the RKAndroidTool and flag only the 6) and rename the file

from

"..\rockdev\Image\recovery.img"

to

"..\rockdev\Image\recovery_CWM.img"

Enjoy it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everybody.

I've been reading many threads regarding how to flash a Chuwi V88HD 8GB (mine has S/N Q8G1131000423) which is currently not booting to the OS, I'm only getting a black screen after power up, and if I plug the AC cgarger it shows the green battery filling up (does it mean it's still alive and recoverable?).

Also when I launch the RKAndroidTool it finds the Tablet as a mass storage device.

The problem I have with all the tutorials I found so far is that they are all aimed to V88 owners, and the V88HD doesn't have volume + & - buttons nor a home button so I'm a bit lost here.

Could someone please provide some guidance or point me to the right forum thread/s?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
65 Posts
Honestly, This tablet sucks big time. I've said it before. I was happy when I bought it but soon realized there is no possibility of a decent performance out of a MK 3188 chip. I was hopefull of the KK. I'm disappointed guyz.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I already gave up on this tablet (V88s) because of constant lags and delays when switching between apps and replaced it with a Lenovo Yoga 8 tablet, but after that was stolen I decided to give the Chuwi another chance.

After flashing OMA's 3.1 KK Rom I can barely recognize the tablet anymore (used to have OMA 4.x before) - no more lags, no "this app seems to have stopped working", buttery smooth, quick boot ....

I've only been using the Rom for a day, so some issues might come up in the future, but so far I can recommend it very highly

(Note about flashing process: the instructions weren't very clear, and I wasn't sure about the bootloader gen2. issues. In the end I just flashed the whole package with RKAndroidTools in one go, omitting some steps in the instructions and after a reboot everything worked out of the box)

21 - 40 of 42 Posts