Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Roebeet,
Thanks for letting us know where to come to continue the TnT-lite / TTx experience. Heck, it looks like I may not need to return to XDA-developers except to lurk.
They do not deserve to have your name associated with their site....it makes them look better and even more respectable than they really are....Darn trolls really
mucked it up over there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All of the best sentiments have been said already, but I just wanted to jump on the bandwagon and let you know that there are thousands of us in your corner who appreciate the effort and contributions that you have made to the community.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here is hoping that VS gets back on track for the development of 3991 or other version number. I am really interested in seeing TTx development come to life. One of my clients just gave me an extra G-Tab that they had. So I have an extra one to play around with now.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm new here, but once Roebeet announced he was going to be here now, I had to follow.

He has done some fantastic work on the G Tablet which I'm using TNTL 4.40 ATM. I'm hoping he continues to do so.

·
Registered
27 Posts
glad i remembered where roebeet was talking about before the threads got retired on xda (i'm hikouka over there)

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I'm not sure how this will work yet - I might ask Sm0k3d0uT to retire this thread, or if he can somehow pass this onto me, then even better!

I haven't figured out what to do with the old ROM page - XDA won't let me directly link here and I don't want to just completely wipe it. I might slim it down with the understanding that the XDA link is being phased out.

This is why I wanted to give myself a few days.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
FYI, 4.3.0 was released over at XDA.

EDIT: XDA is being problematic, so I might redirect users here until it stabilizes. Thanks!
Roebeet, Just read your post on XDA and immediately signed up for Slatedroid so I could follow your work. Using TTx on my Gtab and have not had any problems. Keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Hello Roebeet,
You already made history with your TnT Lite, gAdam and great many other contributions to the android communities.
Hope that you will find joy in the development and continue to build on your personal success.
Sincerely,
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
I'm not sure how this will work yet - I might ask Sm0k3d0uT to retire this thread, or if he can somehow pass this onto me, then even better!

I haven't figured out what to do with the old ROM page - XDA won't let me directly link here and I don't want to just completely wipe it. I might slim it down with the understanding that the XDA link is being phased out.

Thanks again!

Let me know what you would like to do and I will make sure things are setup like you want it. Welcome back to the fold.
(I know you never left. lol)

·
Registered
6 Posts

Thanks again!

Roebeet-- I'm a gtab'ing wooter and really appreciate all the work you've done and especially the "pre-sales" and "pre-receipt" hand-holding and information clearing-up and encouragement and guidance you provided us newbs... Hate to hear what's been going on at XDA, and I completely respect your need to step away from that...

Know that you are appreciated... I understand that "showing appreciation" was part of the issue over there, but-- if there's any way forthcoming to "show appreciation"-- please let me know...

Thank you!
Mike
Baraboo, WI

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Roebeet

Thanks for doing what you do. Hope you find the fun in it again.

Hearing about the fallout over at xda spurred me to join this forum.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Thanks all! I'm probably going to start with TwoTapsX, tomorrow (just a placeholder - then I have to figure out how to port it properly - TwoTapsX is a tricky ROM and a high risk - it's why XDA basically had it banned).

I had asked XDA users to learn nvflash before using TwoTapsX, and the same will apply here. It can soft-brick your device, if you're not careful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Roebeet,

I purchased my gTablet in November specifically to use TnT Lite. I love the crap out of it and the gTab itself. I understand that there is some high-profile douche-baggery in progress at XDA, so I've packed up and followed you here. I've checked XDA with excitement almost every day for TnT Lite so I can run it on mine and my friends' gTabs. I'd like you to know that I'll follow you wherever you take TnT Lite and your other projects, and will continue to consume this fabulous ROM and the rest of your work with some sort of extreme willingness. I can't wait to see what you unleash upon the gTab-loving public when Honeycomb AOSP hits.

Keep up the good work, and don't let the man get you down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks all! I'm probably going to start with TwoTapsX, tomorrow (just a placeholder - then I have to figure out how to port it properly - TwoTapsX is a tricky ROM and a high risk - it's why XDA basically had it banned).

I had asked XDA users to learn nvflash before using TwoTapsX, and the same will apply here. It can soft-brick your device, if you're not careful.
I don't understand what the big fear was with TwoTaps... All you need to do with any of this stuff is follow the mod's instructions. I definitely didn't have any issues flashing it and then backing out.

Anyways, I went back to TNT lite, and 4.4 is by far the most stable I've dealt with. Thanks for all your hard work.

PS.. I'm glad I found your thread. I was afraid that I was going to have to live with Vegan forever (also a very nice ROM, but yours is definitely more stable).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Reobeet,

Nice to see you over here.. I instantly signed up as soon as i knew that you were here and going to be working on your dev roms here.. Thanks for all your help again.

Look forward to the new roms.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.