Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
NEW UPDATES FOUND HERE

Current Status
Genesis (the start of something new)

Important Notice. Please Read. Any issues pertaining to this notice will be ignored.
README:
THIS IS JUST AN EXPERIMENTAL

I HAVE ALREADY DISCOVERED THE RELEVANT SOURCES THAT SHOULD HOPEFULLY LEAD TO A WORKING CUSTOM ROM.

AGAIN. THIS IS JUST AN EXPERIMENT, IF IT WORKS I WOULD BE POSTING AN ALPHA VERSION OF THE CUSTOM ROM.
PLEASE NO REQUESTS AND NO STUPID QUESTIONS.

STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES.

If I do not succeed I will detail my entire processes so that other people can try

P.S If anyone can contact chuwi or Allwinner, could you try asking them to release kernel sources? I'll really need that to make a true rom. Otherwise it's just going to be a stock rom with optimizations. Not a true custom rom.

Update 1:
Found the information needed for creating custom rom. Unpacked the original chuwi firmware and the 30-Jan firmware. Set up linux environment for editing chuwi firmware.
1st step, investigate the possibility of the creation of CWM specifically for our device

Update 2: Great news. I have integrated Touch CWM but the touch screen has yet to work. Will be skipping the inclusion of CWM for now. There SHOULD...should.. be a rom by this week or this year.

Update 3: Success, I have made minor modifications to the rom and it boots properly. Will start scaling up the mods.

Update 4: Built an PhoenixSuit image based on the 30th Jan firmware. Added init.d support, added market fix, added extsd fix. Lastly, added CWM which is tested to work. Having trouble making custom PhoenixSuit imaged based roms hence will be making CWM based custom rom.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Update 1:
Found the information needed for creating custom rom. Unpacked the original chuwi firmware and the 30-Jan firmware. Set up linux environment for editing chuwi firmware.
THANKS for this thread, hope it grows and we gst a nice rom ..

You mean the one from XDA DEVELOPERS, i have seen that and extractd the files of the image, installing linux (e.g. Ubuntu) is not a big deal ..... but what is the next ?

do you have a guid, i am also interested in making a custom rom

Best Regards

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS for this thread, hope it grows and we gst a nice rom ..

You mean the one from XDA DEVELOPERS, i have seen that and extractd the files of the image, installing linux (e.g. Ubuntu) is not a big deal ..... but what is the next ?

do you have a guid, i am also interested in making a custom rom

Best Regards
Not sure what guide you're referring too. I've referenced more than one source as I find that for our tab, none of the guides out there work as it is. Due to a bit of trial and error, I seem to found a way that works. Still have some kinks to work out. There'll be a early testing rom within the next week, month year. No ETAs. It'll come out earliest by this week, latest by this year. Simple as that

My first step is to incorporate some essential tweaks. After that I'll see where we go from there.

No, I do not have a guide. Like I mentioned, I don't do requests. Sorry. However, your request for a guide is noted. There may or may not be a guide coming out later.

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please refer to the orange link at the top. This thread is officially abandoned by me.

Sent from my Galaxy S too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.