Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Pocket_Aces said in another thread - "My Pandigital Novels came in yesterday, and I just booted one up today. It has 7-30-10 firmware" snipSorry if I stole your thunder P_A! Just hadn't seen it posted yet & I haven't been first to report anything except the cracking cases. Cheers,kev

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmm sounds interesting. I just went over to look at Pandigital.net and the 7_24 firmware appears to be gone. Hold on to those archives folks this may be a bumpy ride. Anyone seen the above emntioned 7-30-10 firmware downloadable in the wild?Slaterman

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There has been some activity on the site. Another member said that the firmware that was put up when they pulled 7_24K & reverted to 7_18 was 7_18B & now it is 7_18K.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Is the 7_30 B or K firmware?

·
Registered
666 Posts
can you run the updater exe from pandigital's site and see if it gives you a URL to the 7_30 firmware?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Had no idea it'd draw so much interest. Since it's not on their website yet, it might still be a beta with glitches like 07-24. I haven't noticed any yet though. The full firmware version is: S10_07_30_K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP This Novel was shipped from Walgreens. I'll see about dumping the system directory. If anyone needs a 16GB SDHC card, I just spent the last 30 minutes wrestling with the Adorama.com website to get it to let me check out with PayPal. Do a search on their site for product "ILXSD16GBP2" for a Lexar Platinum II 60x 16GB SDHC @ $24.95 shipped.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote name='pocket_aces;33264]Had no idea it'd draw so much interest. snipIf anyone needs a 16GB SDHC card' date=' I just spent the last 30 minutes wrestling with the Adorama.com website to get it to let me check out with PayPal. Do a search on their site for product "ILXSD16GBP2" for a Lexar Platinum II 60x 16GB SDHC @ $24.95 shipped.[/QUOTE'] You don't say "new firmware" around here & not get attention! Thanks for the tip! Can you check something for me? Set your screen timeout for 2min. Let the unit dim the screen & notice how long before the unit actually goes to sleep. You should be able to see the faint display when the screen dims & then see it go completely off. We are trying to identify some bugs that popped up somewhere along the upgrade trail & this one is bugging me. Thanks Won't ask you to go through Cosmos' checklist right now to check the deep sleep function.:)Thanks,kev

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'll give that a try later. It's currently recharging at the moment. If I recall from my earlier use though, it went to sleep immediately. Once the screen went dark, I had to toggle the on/off switch in order to get it to wake up. I'll doublecheck that later. Also, this has already been hacked now with everything but the market ID, so I can only test post-hack. On a similar note, I dumped "system," which resulted in 124MB of files and about 74MB RAR'ed. However, seeing as how this is post-hack, a number of files, especially in "system/app," will be the same or have been overwritten (e.g., everything from Google Experience, libdvm.so [though the backup is still the original], gpio-keys.kl) and some files will have been altered (e.g., RT2870STA.dat). Is it still worthwhile to have all of that, because it'd take me a good while to upload such a large file?

·
Registered
33 Posts
[quote name='clockworx;33297]Yes' date=' we'll live [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE'] I can confirm another instance of the 7_30 firmware. I just cracked open a unit I purchased from Walgreens. It arrived here Friday (I was sitting on it till I saw how it went with the kohls unit) and it does indeed have the 7_30 firmware. The first thing I noticed was that out of the box it was much faster than the Kohls unit that I had brought up to the 7_18 firmware. I'm running a test now to see how it does with the wireless and sleep modes. It seemed to take this one a good long time to lock on and connect to the WiFi, but hey if it stays locked on that'll be an improvement. Slaterman

·
Registered
89 Posts
[quote name='pocket_aces;33264]HIf anyone needs a 16GB SDHC card' date=' I just spent the last 30 minutes wrestling with the Adorama.com website to get it to let me check out with PayPal. Do a search on their site for product "ILXSD16GBP2" for a Lexar Platinum II 60x 16GB SDHC @ $24.95 shipped.[/QUOTE']I picked one of these up and used Google checkout with no issues art all. I found the info here: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2169026&p=31663098 This is a full SD card, not Micro BTW.

·
Registered
157 Posts
[quote name='bugeyed;33284]You don't say "new firmware" around here & not get attention! Thanks for the tip! Can you check something for me? Set your screen timeout for 2min. Let the unit dim the screen & notice how long before the unit actually goes to sleep. You should be able to see the faint display when the screen dims & then see it go completely off. We are trying to identify some bugs that popped up somewhere along the upgrade trail & this one is bugging me. Thanks Won't ask you to go through Cosmos' checklist right now to check the deep sleep function.:)Thanks' date='kev[/QUOTE'] Took a closer look at this. After the 2 minutes, the screen dims and you have about 5 seconds before it goes completely off. Again, this is post-hacks.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
pocket_aces, I got the download, thanks!Only changes from 7/24 (in system, at least) are PDN Settings and PDN reader. I guess this means they feel 7/24 wasn't so bad after all. I'd like to get an update package so I can see if they changed the kernel and ramdisk as well, though.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
[quote name='clockworx;33468]pocket_aces' date=' I got the download, thanks![/QUOTE'] ...and you guys felt no need to share?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.