Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey guys,I have had a really good snout around this forum and I have the idea of the specs and requirements to go for.So, I want a V2 A/Epad with the Rockchip processor.I found these guys Shenzhen Hexing Technology Co., Ltd. on Aliexpess and they are doing a special on what I think is the above with a plastic bod- $134 AND free shipping.http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/320834155-SPECIAL-OFFER-ROCKCHIP-600MHZ-CPU-7-inch-Tablet-PC-With-Wifi-Laptop-Computer-Google-Android-wholesalers.htmlLooks good! Anyone deal with them?See any errors???The only thing I am not certain about, the listing says "support extenal 3G adapter (some models)!" what do they mean here? I haven't heard of this not being included before...

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
I bought one from this seller on the 4th of July and posted a thread about it but for some unknown reason one of the mods deleted my thread. The listing I purchased from specifically lists the camera and I paid $129.57 for China Post delivery to Thailand. For China Post Registered Airmail delivery to the USA the price on this listing is $136.35. Also the listing you have a link to says the battery is the 3,000mAh battery. The version without the battery is a 2,700mAh battery so this is prob the correct version. I chatted with the seller several times and he seems honest. I specifically asked him who the manufacturer is and if the device is a real Rockchip. He replied that it is Rockchip aPad made by iRobot. Mine shipped two days after I paid, began tracking two days later as he indicated and it left China on the 9th of July. Hopefully it will be in my hands in Thailand in a few days and I can report back on what I got. Hopefully it comes in good shape and is what I intended to buy. Here is the link to the listing I purchased from the same seller. The APad does support using a Huawei 3G dongle with the newest Chinese firmware. They only support its use for Chinese carriers at this time.http://www.aliexpress.com/product-g...fi-WebCam-Tablet-PC-Rockchip-wholesalers.html

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
I hope to receive mine very soon. I should be getting it any day now as I am in Thailand and it supposedly left China by Airmail on July 9th. China Post is notoriously slow so once they scan it out of their outbound customs I don't know how long it takes them to get it on a plane. Once it gets to Thailand, Thai Post moves the mail very fast.[quote name='Zoid;18251]So' date='Anyone receive one from these guys yet?Please report what you received. Any good?[/QUOTE']

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER.My listing said iRobot APad with Rockchip. He sent me an M003 VIA based unit. He will not do anything to make it right. Even though the photos show the Rockchip unit and the listing says Rockchip, he is insisting the VIA based M003 is what I bought. I am very angry.And to add insult to injury. I paid Thai Customs about US$16.00 to receive the unit. Then upon opening it found out the seller cheated me and sent me a VIA based unit even though I paid extra for Rockchip, the listing said Rockchip and he confirmed by chat before shipping it was an iRobot Rockchip APad. I will never buy on Aliexpress again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well it's the same. "Rockchip" in the ad title and a screen shot for the third picture. So, get him. Don't release the money with Escrow and file a Paypal dispute. It's straight up fraud. What a phucker.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
I don't trust this guy to send it back, wait for another unit, pay customs and have another problem. Since there is no proof of delivery in my country on international registered mail I will just claim non-receipt unless he makes this right. Based on the chat, he won't. Now he is telling me I am trying to cheat him. What a craphead.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also I want to say... I really feel sorry for you! It sucks to wait and anticipate something good and be denied like that. Total downer. But.... don't get mad, get even! This turd loves money. That's all he's on about. Complain about him in every possible way. With Paypal with Aliexpress, your credit card company any bad seller lists. Tell him you are a member here and he just lost 100s of sales. Anything/everything .

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
PayPal doesn't protect you on "Item not as described" disputes outside of eBay. If you file a claim and escalate it, they immediately rule against you and tell you this type of claim is not covered by their Buyer Protection Plan. Only non-receipt is covered by this plan.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
After going round and round he finally admits he made a mistake but won't send me the correct unit until I send this one back. There is not way I am going to wait a month to return this unit, get another one, pay Thai customs again and then be disappointed again. I want him to send the correct unit first as I did not get what I paid for. Now he is trying to claim I am cheating him and that I bought another unit from someone else and lying to him. God I had these A-Holes. It turns out what I got was an 8" VIA based tablet. That totally sucks because I wanted Rockchip, not a cheaper, inferior 8" unit, and I bought a 7" screen protector already. I bought this primarily for video playback and the VIA cannot handle that well. The measly $15 he offered in compensation wouldn't even begin to cover my aggravation, etc. and I simply don't want a VIA unit, period!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.