Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's from "beautiful widgets". I installed "PowerControl" widget & it has an icon on the right that looks like it is a brightness control. On this machine it is a backlight off button! Doh! I had to get the desk lights just right & try to see the widget. Luckily it's large enough & I was able to see it well enough to see where the button was & turn the backlight back on! System reset didn't fix it BTW, after reboot, the screen went back to black. Thankfully the widget was still on the screen, 'cause I wouldn't have been able to access it if I had had to do anything else to get to the button.Shit, I hate it when a plan goes bad.kev

·
Registered
14 Posts
[quote name='avenger425;34407]I think I might have this problem' date=' I can see the boot screen but I can't see anything after that. Can anyone help?[/QUOTE'] I made the same mistake... go into a very dark room, and then retrace your steps and undo them.No reboot or reflash is necessary.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Also true of the Brightness widget/icon in the Quick Settings option of Smart Bar (panic, then entering a dark closet and peering closely got me back from near invisibility)
.A recommendation for all - if you just can't resist poking these things, make SURE you keep your finger/pencil eraser/stylus/whatever poised directly above them so you can simply re-touch the screen in exactly the same spot after the lights go out... ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't press the "Brightness" button under Quick Settings! I pressed it and my screen went about as dark as possible, and I literally had to go into the bathroom, shut door and shut the lights off, and I could still barely see it to turn the backlight back up. Pushing the reset button didn't even help, so I was almost reduced to reflashing the stupid thing!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I wonder if changing the startup script for the novel to enable a brightness setting pre-set would be benificial to the system configuration. It seems many people accidentally turn off the back light. Perhaps removing that setting option?

·
Registered
666 Posts
clockworx;40246 said:
Someone needs to do some cleanup *ahem*lawman*ahem*
And the haystack gets a little bigger

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
HAH!!!! My admin privs working and I DO something for a change... Now I need a week to do some more of it...

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Come here and let me "golf clap" your butt with my boot... Nice to have my admin privs working though. A real opportunity to clean things up here on the rare occasion I'm not working (like... I should be now) or getting yelled at by the crazy woman who lives in my house...

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
lawman;40304 said:
Come here and let me "golf clap" your butt with my boot... Nice to have my admin privs working though. A real opportunity to clean things up here on the rare occasion I'm not working (like... I should be now) or getting yelled at by the crazy woman who lives in my house...
ROFLMAOText to meet 10 character limit

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.