Android Tablets Forum banner
241 - 260 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've just upgraded my ZT280-C91 tablet with ICS beta firmware. This tablet has ethernet adapter but I can't find etnerhet settings in Settings menu.

How can I let my ethernet adapter work? How can I set IP address and Subnet Mask with this firmware?
You need to download a terminal console and read up on terminal ethernet configuration...

I noticed something interesting regarding the su issue:
I used SJPedros ROM, and updated the su binary with superuser to the newest version. This changed the rights to -rwx-r x-r . group is app_5.
After this, the sound settings crash settings again, indicating that there is a issue with superuser setting the wrong righs or with our ICS build. Also, this shows that the rights I gave to su are the correct ones that superuser uses too.

I don't quite know how to deal with this... Anyway, just letting you know.

Side note: Does anyone know how to play movies full-screen?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry for the noob question: which files do I have to put in the zt-update folder? Thanks a lot in advance!
Usually, it's just a case of unzipping everything and in the archive will be a folder called zt-update. Just use the contents of that directory in your zt-update folder on your sd card or copy the whole unzipped zt-update folder and place it on the root of your sd card.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Usually, it's just a case of unzipping everything and in the archive will be a folder called zt-update. Just use the contents of that directory in your zt-update folder on your sd card or copy the whole unzipped zt-update folder and place it on the root of your sd card.
Unfourtunately, at least for me, no zt-update folder available in this pack by default... I need some guidance on the files to be choosen for the update

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unfourtunately, at least for me, no zt-update folder available in this pack by default... I need some guidance on the files to be choosen for the update
Not sure. I'll download and have a look at the contents.

·
Registered
8 Posts
tested this rom (4.0 1224). Everything works fine except for the 3g connection. There is no chance to set up a new apn (3 Italy) and save it. As a consequence the internet key does not work (You put all the parameters, save it but the apn screen remain empty). I am sure that problem is not due to the key that worked very well with ginger rom version and currently works with another c91 (ginger rom).

Am I the only one in this situation?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Marco

·
Registered
615 Posts
fadiesis: beta 3 has 3G.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
You need to download a terminal console and read up on terminal ethernet configuration...

I noticed something interesting regarding the su issue:
I used SJPedros ROM, and updated the su binary with superuser to the newest version. This changed the rights to -rwx-r x-r . group is app_5.
After this, the sound settings crash settings again, indicating that there is a issue with superuser setting the wrong righs or with our ICS build. Also, this shows that the rights I gave to su are the correct ones that superuser uses too.

I don't quite know how to deal with this... Anyway, just letting you know.

Side note: Does anyone know how to play movies full-screen?
Isn't it possible to do it using GUI instead of terminal? It was possible with previous firmware.

·
Registered
81 Posts
There's a beta4 on Zenithink's FTP: ftp://zenithink.cn/dyliao/test/

I'm currently downloading and hope to test this evening. The file is much bigger as usual (321MB) but according to its name, it should work for *all* Z280-based tablets

EDIT: After checking the file structure, the ROM manages all the following models:
E0/E6/E7/F0/G0/G1/H0/H1/J0/K0/K1. I remember a post by om that listed the specs of all these models but I couldn't fetch it. There are basically two "system.tar.bz" archives, one for 1024x600 screens, the other for 800x480 screens. And a set of model specific kernels. So one has to combine these files with the other files of the previous betas to get a flashable ROM. What is a bit strange is that some models have two different kernel files (one dated at 0104, one at 0105). I don't know if the 0104 files are the same as beta3...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Need help! Would this rom work on ZT280 Z102 model "xxx3Mxxx" version
Yes it will. The codename for Z102 is K0, so you should peek the kernel file in folder "0105/kernel/K0/3M" as well as all other files in any folder named either ".../COMMON" or ".../K0".

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm trying to mix SJ custom ROM based on beta2 and the new official beta4. I notice that beta4 contains a lot of "odex" files in the "app" folder in addition with usual "apk" archives. odex files are supposed to be sort of precompiled files intended to speed up the app. However, I don't notice any difference in speed among the two ROMs. SJ is still a bit faster because less tasks are running in the background. Does someone know if the odex files can be safely removed without breaking the corresponding apk file?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I found this info in a different thread.

yes i can.

just delete all files except ZT280.recovery and command.

edit command,

mark the line :
1 all erase line
2 update_oem_package

open line:
1 patch_oem_package(and edit to 0,0,1)

the insert sdcard and update, it will enter recovery mode, the connect adb and tar youself.
This doesn't work on ics 1224 rom. Adb complains that /system/bin/sh is missing. So there is no shell.
I am guessing that the shell is missing in the initramfs, or is placed in the wrong place?!

·
Registered
615 Posts
johane :
i will check adb
jsaily :
hoc test in later

241 - 260 of 292 Posts