Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning to update my firmware from the official download off the zenithink http site, i.e. the file named;

E98_1024x768_512M_0701_F.rar

since the later FTP files look like they need piecing together from various folders and I'd like to go through an official update before attempting the piecemeal approach, I think I'd be better sticking with the official update for now unless there's a compelling reason to attempt the FTP 20110803 files?

A few questions come to mind before I do this;

1. Is there a good reason to go to the 20110803 files?
2. Has anyone created an 20110803 version off the FTP site that has all the necessary files in one that can be extracted straight to an SDCard?
3. The 0701 official version files in the downloaded RAR look different to the 20110803 files on the FTP site, do I need to understand anything about this?
4. Is an official 20110803 update (or later) likely in the near future? (in which case I'll hold off for now)

Thanks in advance

TheBlackSheep

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was planning to update my firmware from the official download off the zenithink http site, i.e. the file named;

E98_1024x768_512M_0701_F.rar

since the later FTP files look like they need piecing together from various folders and I'd like to go through an official update before attempting the piecemeal approach, I think I'd be better sticking with the official update for now unless there's a compelling reason to attempt the FTP 20110803 files?

A few questions come to mind before I do this;

1. Is there a good reason to go to the 20110803 files?
2. Has anyone created an 20110803 version off the FTP site that has all the necessary files in one that can be extracted straight to an SDCard?
3. The 0701 official version files in the downloaded RAR look different to the 20110803 files on the FTP site, do I need to understand anything about this?
4. Is an official 20110803 update (or later) likely in the near future? (in which case I'll hold off for now)

Thanks in advance

TheBlackSheep
Smart move on your part! I am a sucker for trying to improve things, well this time I know what brick is.
I screwed this puppy up not sure how but it is. I uploaded what I thought was the right stuff from Filezilla to the SDcard
mounted it to the tablet used the power button and it was showing something was getting erased which I thought was a good sign but after that no green light no nothing, zilch, gone. I have no idea what I did I guess I am not smart enough for this stuff. I hate it when a computer thinks it can whoop me

1 - 2 of 2 Posts