Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello, I am about to order an U30GT-H from aliexpress and am interested in the rooted Win8 UI that is linked here. I have two questions though.
1. Does the unrooted Win8 UI come on the tablet automatically?
2. How do I install the patch (from mothatt post above)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I am about to order an U30GT-H from aliexpress and am interested in the rooted Win8 UI that is linked here. I have two questions though.
1. Does the unrooted Win8 UI come on the tablet automatically?
2. How do I install the patch (from mothatt post above)?
I just got my Cube U30GT-H from aliexpress and it did not come with the unrooted Win8 UI.

What I have is stock 1.05.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can I get this Win8 Metro UI on the Play store?

If not can someone extract the launcher so that I can add it to the latest 1.07 Jelly Bean firmware?

I just brought the Cube for my father (nontechnical) and I think the Metro UI would confuse him less!

Cheers

·
Registered
80 Posts
Can I get this Win8 Metro UI on the Play store?

If not can someone extract the launcher so that I can add it to the latest 1.07 Jelly Bean firmware?

I just brought the Cube for my father (nontechnical) and I think the Metro UI would confuse him less!

Cheers
i just got my hands on the Cube U30GT-H it came with 1.03 MetroUI it was really really nice but Youtube crashed etc. had to upgrade. I really would like to get the same UI in this 1.07 JB rom.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got my U30GT-H 32Gb today and it came with the MetroUI. I liked it but decided to go ahead and update to the latest Android 4.1 (rooted) that is out there. So far everything works great. The tablet is very nice too. The Youtube App works, skype loads (I haven't actually made a call on it yet), and all the games that I like have worked so far.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The first thing I did with my mini was get rid of the metro UI. I just couldn't live with. I'm away from home at present but if you are not sorted at the weekend I'll see if I can find the metro launcher. As I remember you may need some metro specific widgets.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes I posted a version on Freaktab about a week ago.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts