Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, my cpu clock speed is 350MHz!!!Im looking into getting it to 500MHz today with some overclocking, but I'm gona buy a memory heatsink for the cpu!!To find out your clock speed go into a terminal and type:
Code:
cat /proc/cpuinfo
and read your:
Code:
BogoMIPS:
Mine is 175...whats yours?EDIT: thanks to hilltopper06...times the cpu speed by 2 to get actual!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers, I still would love to oc this thing...gona have an investigate and tinker

·
Registered
75 Posts
[quote author=pr0phet129 link=topic=692.msg5559#msg5559 date=1275824230]cheers, I still would love to oc this thing...gona have an investigate and tinker[/quote]Just beware.This CPU *IS* factory overclocked.As the CPU used is only produced @300MHzSo Eken added additional 50MHz out of spec!When overclocking additionally, you could easily run into heat problems and/or even smaller battery time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does in webOS....im new to android but i know for sure than on my palm pre, this details the cpu speed

·
Registered
384 Posts
[quote author=ricsi link=topic=692.msg5574#msg5574 date=1275828853][quote author=imayoda link=topic=692.msg5571#msg5571 date=1275828328]Bogomips is bogus-mips: it doesn't define at all machine's power nor the megahertz...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BogoMips[/quote]You are partly right ... but if you compare in the same cpu architecture than you CAN make those claims.See this:http://tldp.org/HOWTO/BogoMips/bogo-faq.html[/quote]the logic schema is true.. but.. I have "played" with many arm boards, very different processors, and I can say 2 things:1. recently there are many manufacturers, more and more than a couple of years ago, producing new kind of cpus, any of them needing very different compilers unfortunately. An example.. a Samsung arm11 plays better than Qualcomm ones with similar speed.. that is beacause they are including novelties in their cpus.. BUT.. 2. unfortunately, WM processor is crap.. it moves, but nothing special.. just for evolved ebook readers let's say

·
Registered
384 Posts
[quote author=chrisme52 link=topic=692.msg6554#msg6554 date=1276069898]how do i get to a terminal?[/quote]install better terminal from Market ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
This method of establishing CPU speed is bogus. So to speak. Here's the output for the T42 Thinkpad I'm typing on right now:
Code:
# cat /proc/cpuinfoprocessor       : 0vendor_id       : GenuineIntelcpu family      : 6model           : 13model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.70GHzstepping        : 6cpu MHz         : 1694.254cache size      : 2048 KBfdiv_bug        : nohlt_bug         : nof00f_bug        : nocoma_bug        : nofpu             : yesfpu_exception   : yescpuid level     : 2wp              : yesflags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe up bts est tm2bogomips        : 3388.50clflush size    : 64power management:
Using that as an example bogomips is more than double the clock speed, not half, so the Eken would be uhh about 87 mHz. I sure hope not!Please somebody, put a scope on the clock line and put an end to the conjecture.

·
Registered
224 Posts
If u read the information you would see ARM devices you *.5 meaning it is perfectly correct with the bogomips score.It IS 350 mhz

·
Registered
100 Posts
[quote name='vtpad;8030]This method of establishing CPU speed is bogus. So to speak. Here's the output for the T42 Thinkpad I'm typing on right now:[CODE]# cat /proc/cpuinfoprocessor : 0vendor_id : GenuineIntelcpu family : 6model : 13model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.70GHzstepping : 6cpu MHz : 1694.254cache size : 2048 KBfdiv_bug : nohlt_bug : nof00f_bug : nocoma_bug : nofpu : yesfpu_exception : yescpuid level : 2wp : yesflags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe up bts est tm2bogomips : 3388.50clflush size : 64power management:[/CODE]Using that as an example bogomips is more than double the clock speed' date=' not half, so the Eken would be uhh about 87 mHz. I sure hope not!Please somebody, put a scope on the clock line and put an end to the conjecture.[/QUOTE'] What are you talking about? We're comparing BogoMIPS between identical processor cores. The ARM that the m001 uses happens to be BogoMIPS*0.5=MHZ ... this is different for your Pentium M or any other processor, but that has really nothing to do with figuring out the Mhz. BTW, I have 175 BogoMIPS on my m001, so 350Mhz.

·
Registered
339 Posts
174.48 BogoMIPS what I mean?when I bought this tablet had a saying that lol CPU 800MHZwe are talking about two different things?however, my data are:processor: ARM926EJ-S REV 5 (V51)BogoMips: 174.48

·
Registered
150 Posts
[quote name='skywise;8242]What are you talking about? We're comparing BogoMIPS between identical processor cores. The ARM that the m001 uses happens to be BogoMIPS*0.5=MHZ ... this is different for your Pentium M or any other processor' date=' but that has really nothing to do with figuring out the Mhz. BTW, I have 175 BogoMIPS on my m001, so 350Mhz.[/QUOTE']Calm down, I accept your explanation, as well as the prior poster who pointed out the same thing already. It wasn't clear in the first post to me that this bogomips translation method applied to only that specific processor, and other threads I've seen generalized the bogomips multiply by two method. Anyway, method clarified. Got it. Twice.Moving on:Does this mean that the ads and descriptions all over the internet, including the prime advertiser on this forum (quote: "VIA MW8505 600MHz") are indicating false CPU speeds for the Eken?Does it also mean that the CPU is overclocked already since the CPU mfr lit. indicates the processor has a nominal 300 mhz clock speed?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts