Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part 1*****Looks like the system.img download link for the Android Market fix is dead?I've zipped it up and made it available from my torrent server. I'm not using a tracker (other than my own server), so you'll have to use the Magnet / DHT link: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:l6jwsp6kokpknhpkhkdrzq7alsdehues&dn=market-fix-system-img.zipPart 2*****If you are completely stumped by the android sdk and getting the androidID, I can get you that far....and then - provided you have root access on your M001 - you just update the accounts.db file and copy it into place on your device with Root Explorer. To be sure to have root access, you want to be using ECOTOX firmware as it's already rooted. If you can something else yourself then you own't be needing my help with this. You create a gmail address that you will ONLY use on your M001. Send it to me with the password. I'll get the androidID for that address and send it back. You then change the password and I then can't abuse the address or the androidID even if I wanted to....and you will not have associated any credit card or other payment instrument with it yet, so there is NO risk to you provided you change your password before giving the Market your payment details. I know there isn't any risk anyway, but you don't have to care either way. You're covered. So if I got your androidID for you, you avoid all the involvment with the android SDK but for the single sqlite3 command to update the account.db with the androidID. You would do this: 1. Install root explorer on your rooted device. Get it here2. Go into /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases3. long-press on account.db and tick all the permissions boxes. 4. Copy the file to the root of your sdcard then copy it to your PC5. Put it in a folder with the sqlite3 / sqlite3.exe program from the Android SDK and do: sqlite3 accounts.db "update meta set intvalue='the-number-i-sent-you' where name='androidId'"6. Copy the amended accounts.db back to the root of your sdcard and then use root explorer to put it back where it came from....and reset the permissions to what they were (the 4 ticks at upper left - a square - the rest un-ticked) 7. Shutdown and reboot the device.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok. I have 3 requests so far. You know who you are. I'll be doing those tonight (18/8/2010 16:10 -> New Zealand Standard Time = GMT +12)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The two outstanding requests have been completed. There are no outstanding requests. If you want an androidID created for you so you can use the Market properly, please send me a DM with the information outlined in the OP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.