Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All!

I bought an Oem version of Ainol Novo 7 Advanced, i thought it has same hardware, but another manufacturer.
Link: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/103919/210915524-346115502/NOVO-7-advanced-OEM-android-2-3-tablet-pc-1-2GHz-512MB-8GB-Webcam-HDMI-3G.html
(This link for 2 item, they removed standalone ad)
Well i move across the internet, some seller said i can upgrade with Ainol's firmware.
Now i have a tablet, without camera, without wifi and keys work different.

I found this original name, it is a Sysbay S-MP96. But the manufacturer do not share original firmware. (yep, thx..)
I tried Clock Mode Recovery for ainol, but the bat file do not recognize my tablet.
I found MP-98 firmware(8 inch, 800x600 res), i installed it, wifi works, but any other work different, and worng resolution.

Could anyone help me to upgrade Ainol 2.0T firmware with that wifi driver?
Or how can we (i think i am not alone) backup or get original firmware? Please help us :S
Original firmware was: crane_sysbay_sc3088a_en-20111128-stable

Some links:
Product: http://www.sysbay.com.cn/productsview.aspx?ProductsId=64
Sysbay Download: http://www.sysbay.com.cn/download.aspx

p.s.: I sent e-mails to seller, manufacturer, but neither answer. :S

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why didn't you just buy the novo7 for $
less? Did you try using one of the Ainol firmwares on it? If so which version?
That link is for 2 tablet. To my country (Hungary) an original Ainol novo 7 advanced is about 180 $. I got this for 127 $.
Yep, the ad said, it is Novo 7, just oem version. I thougth, i can use Ainol's firmware. What i found here. At first
novo7_v2.0_feiyu_mod.img, after that, Novo704FC_A1-SC3007_crane2.0_20111130_noBeautifyV3.img
Both have same problem. No wifi, no camera, keys work different.

·
Registered
245 Posts
That link is for 2 tablet. To my country (Hungary) an original Ainol novo 7 advanced is about 180 $. I got this for 127 $.
Yep, the ad said, it is Novo 7, just oem version. I thougth, i can use Ainol's firmware. What i found here. At first
novo7_v2.0_feiyu_mod.img, after that, Novo704FC_A1-SC3007_crane2.0_20111130_noBeautifyV3.img
I hope you are successful in finding working firmware for your tablet. I'm sure many who have purchased this so-called OEM version will be looking for upgrades or at the least working firmware.

I'm curious.....was the tablet fully functional before you tried changing firmware?

I would love to see a full review with the original firmware installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope you are successful in finding working firmware for your tablet. I'm sure many who have purchased this so-called OEM version will be looking for upgrades or at the least working firmware.

I'm curious.....was the tablet fully functional before you tried changing firmware?

I would love to see a full review with the original firmware installed.
Well, camera worked, wifi worked, gyroscope worked. i just tried mobile internet, that is why i did rom upgrade. And the mistake was in the usb dongle, not in the table :S
So i screw up :S

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Well that answers that questions

I was taking an interest in Reselling the OEM version as well because I had hoped the only thing that was different was that the casing was slightly changed...

More chinese B.S. - Welcome to the world of chinese electronics... As suspected, this thing has about as much in Common with the Novo 7 Advanced as any other A10 based tablet. It doesn't even have the same size battery

Sorry about your luck all the same and I also do hope you are able to find some better firmware to fix the issue you are now having from flashing the Ainol stuff.

Kind Regards and best of luck,

Roman

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem. Wifi doesn't work, I have an OEM Novo 7 Advanced. It came in an irobot box and on the side said ainol 7 advanced. I wish I backed up the firmware or even remember what the name was. MD-300 i think.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I bought a couple of unbranded tablets once from dinodirect. One died when I tried to install firmware for an identical looking branded tablet, and one died when I cleared the cache using the builtin recovery. Dinodirect's support was totally worthless - form email saying read the manual. What a joke. Sent one back to China but dinodirect never confirmed receipt,closed my RMA and stopped responding to my emails. I lost my money completely.

Two lessons learned - never buy an unbranded tablet from china, and don't buy from dino direct if you expect any support. At least with a branded tablet there is a support community. I'm sure this email doesn't help you but maybe others will benefit from our bad experiences.

Sent from my Ainol Novo 7 Advanced with Tapatalk

·
Registered
390 Posts
I bought a couple of unbranded tablets once from dinodirect. One died when I tried to install firmware for an identical looking branded tablet, and one died when I cleared the cache using the builtin recovery. Dinodirect's support was totally worthless - form email saying read the manual. What a joke. Sent one back to China but dinodirect never confirmed receipt,closed my RMA and stopped responding to my emails. I lost my money completely.

Two lessons learned - never buy an unbranded tablet from china, and don't buy from dino direct if you expect any support. At least with a branded tablet there is a support community. I'm sure this email doesn't help you but maybe others will benefit from our bad experiences.

Sent from my Ainol Novo 7 Advanced with Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, I think I learned my lesson on that. I just hope I can come across the original firmware and get the damn wifi working again. In the mean time, time to go look for something else.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Try some of the other allwinner based firmwares. There's a ton of them listed in the Pandawill forums, and then I've got Rexing/Ployer in the thread in my signature. Only difference in most of them is the touch drivers, so I don't believe it will mess your tablet up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. After replacing the system file came off the firmware. Stopped on the splash screen WELLCOME.
Probyval flash firmware from Ainol Novo7 Advanced version 4.0.1, but LiveSuit hovering at 9%. For a long time waiting, but did not move the result.
Attempts to flash again lead to the same result.
Now, the tablet does not even turn on. It turned out to install a firmware again from Novo7 A version 1.7, but the tablet vseravno fails to start.
Do you think with him that something can be done? Or is he already dead?
Pierced by instructions from Ainol Novo7 Advanced

·
Registered
1 Posts
any one have problems with rar archive ????
when try i get crc error

can someone upload firmware .img file somewhere and gives link
tnx in advance

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Yeah, I got one of these to try out, has anyone already downloaded the firmware that cares to share it?

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
OK, they reposted at Pandawill forum. It appears to be the OEM firmware, because it's not too big, 129MB or so... I'll try to ad a link to the firmware here in a few moments. In the meantime I tried a few firmwares from other vendors with no success, but I'm hoping there may be another one out there with similar firmware.

I was able to install the Market on this device using my old Mod Script located in the Rexing/Momo9 thread at the bottom. I would recommend this if you need market on your device for right now, and I'll try to maybe a very simple script for just the market for the OEM. So far not a bad tablet, and is interesting with it's dimensions being slightly smaller than the Momo9. I might actually keep one of these for myself. More later hopefully...

Here's my notes, with results as to how they worked with the OEM:

teclast P76ti, works, but the screen acts like it's on backwards...

vx580 bootlooped

teclast p76; hmm... no touchscreen access

Ployer firmware-no touchscreen, reports of being able to control with

mouse.

Ly-F1--no touchscreen, looked nice though.

Onda Vi20--no touchscreen

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Here's a Mediafire download for the OEM N7A firmware.

So I checked this against my script for baseband 2.04 and the script should work, with 1 exception, there's a point at the end of option #5 that you'll need to unplug the cable from the device, when it says it's about to load "permissions" onto the device. Also, hidden option #10 in SausageMod, worked for me to change the user interface to feiyo's interface. As a precaution I recommend rebooting the device between performing menu options, and actually resetting the device after reboot on option #5.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The mod scripts here should work, as long as you don't flash a different version.
This worked for me. My wifi wasnt working because I installed the novo 7 advanced firmware. I fixed this by first installing the oem novo 7 firmware from the link above and then running tasselhofs scripts to unlock full market

1 - 20 of 27 Posts