Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Here's a draft of a kernel source code request you guys can send to these guys. Copied from HTC Desire source code requests. Good luck.
To Archos,I hereby request the Linux Kernel source code for the Archos 7 Home Tablet being sold worldwide, according to section 3 of the GNU General Public License v2 under which the Linux kernel the device is based on is licensed. A download URL will be fine.The Android platform runs a Linux platform. According to the GNU General Public License, as soon as the binary code has been published (which it has by means of the release of the A7HT), Archos is obliged to instantly release the source code (including any custom modifications) on request.This includes all the source code of all drivers for the device. The Linux kernel version is 2.6.25.You will find a list of companies who have violated the GPL here: GPL Violations homepage - The gpl-violations.org projectYou will learn about the GNU GPL here: GNU General Public License - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaIf you are found to be in violation of the GPL. we will have to report this as an official GPL violation, after which legal action will be taken in due time.Regards, _________

·
Registered
339 Posts
email sent! however, the address will have the wrong domain, the site lists more forise.com:)I know that the W3C will cause this company to the terms of Your Website LOL

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Why did I give up coding in high school again...?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone got a response either from Archos or from chip3c ?Chip3C said on hiapad.com that they will eventually release the source code... it's very strange .. in fact they must but we can't do anything.. thats very sad...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Let me see if I understand. We need the source from rockchip so we can build a kernel with drivers for the DSP? since it is an ARM9 device, shouldn't a default build of 2.1 or 2.2 work without the DSP support? I know that sucks, but maybe?Also, since the kernel for cupcake (1.5) is based on 2.6.27 and the kernel for donut (1.6) and Eclair (2.1) is 2.6.29, do you think there are that many differences that we couldn't try the cupcake kernel with the platform build for Eclair? Maybe this is all been tried before, but I am just thinking through this and trying to understand. Thanks for understanding.

·
Registered
198 Posts
also, i sent an email to the COO and CEO asking them to release the source.

·
Registered
11 Posts
in order to make DSP work with a new compiled kernel we need the instruction set and patches from ARM. rk2808 is built on an ARMv5 instruction set, although I have seen a document stating that ARMv7 Instruction set is compatible. hope this helpkind regards,Zeule

·
Registered
11 Posts
in order to make DSP work with a new compiled kernel we need the instruction set and patches from ARM. rk2808 is built on an ARMv5 instruction set, although I have seen a document stating that ARMv7 Instruction set is compatible. hope this helpkind regards,Zeule

1 - 16 of 16 Posts