Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
so, long story short, I was running cyangenmod on rom 1.1 so I wanted to run jellybean so I started the rom upgrade to 1.2 following the instructions located @ [GUIDE] Fool proof install for stock 4349 (1.1 to 1.2 upgrade path) - SlateDroid.com

did everything to the letter however, somehow the old version or stock rom of the g tablet is now on my tablet. Its showing UI 1.0

I tried nvflash,NVFLASH goes through its spill but I"m still unable to get into clockwork. I downloaded the format partition that re formats the partition 7 that has MSC and still i'm unable to get into clockwork. I tried booting into clockwork to no avail. so now i'm on 1.0 and was trying to take the OTA update to 1.1, however the screen sticks on detect a recovery command, erasing MSC and booting recovery kernel image.

I have no idea what to do next. seems like i'm in a booting loop.

the device isn't bricked as it will boot up to the stock crappy OS and I am able to get into APX mode and run NVflash. It appears that I'm unable to go into recovery mode. I have move the files over to the root of the tablet so I have folder recovery and a file called update.zip which is the clockwork file.

Any help or pointing in the right direction would be most helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm going to sound like a nut and answer my own question...LOL..

I fixed it. I was able to boot into APX mode and run several scripts mainly those posted from the recovery section for code red red. As an advanced Linux user I didn't read everything and just assumed that I could skip steps. WRONG.... so to all advanced and noobs out their my advice is simple.....as stated on just about every forum.....PLEASE READ...READ...READ...!!!!!! YOU WILL SAVE YOURSELF HOURS AND HEADACHES OF FRUSTRATION..!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts