Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The NT went from hero to zero...
The halcyon days of dual boot on the NT seem to have been terminated by the greedy B&N SOBs
The POS 1.4.2 firmware does not allow sideload of APK and you can not
change the Android setting for 3rd party apps

The 1.4.1 and higher Firmware is the culprit!

Even worse if you downgrade the NT 8GB with the The NT 16GB Rom it will cause the 8GB NT to brick!

B&N does OTA updates and since they now lock it down - it is desirable to use the more open firmware
but NT 8GB firmware does not exist at 1.4.0 AFAIK

Also noted blogger AlbertWertz says NT is no longer bootable from a MicoSD card at all after 1.4.2

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Tablet-General-Discussion/WARNING-Bricking-the-new-NT-8GB/td-p/1297535

The hardware is pretty good but the B&N app store is a joke. The NT 8GB while $50 cheaper then the 16GB is officialy a lemon. Many basic features and customizations are missing, It could be fixed with side loading apps after 5 minutes.

I will definitely wipe out the B&N stock ROM from my Nook and never ever buy anything from B&N again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi.....I joined Slatedroid because I have a a Barnes & Nobel tablet. I was hoping to get ate the operating system and mess with it. How do I know if I have an 8 gig or a 16 gig. I paid $249 for it if that's any clue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts