Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a good week! The two most requested improvements were marketplace access and better wifi and screen responsiveness. A hack and a new firmware upgrade later, and things are looking good. It seems as though Pandigital is constantly improving things through firmware.So, what do we want next to make this the perfect device?I'll start:1. Fix for the launcher bug that causes a force close or black screen when rotating to the left.2. The ability to lock the homescreen in portrait instead of landscape orientation.If anyone can fix these that would be amazing!Any other requests?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
If anyone wants to look into this (since I don't have my PDN which lets me off the hook!), Android, at some level, should be capable of interpreting long presses and short presses. I think the ideal solution, probably, would be:Long Press Up (Menu)Long Press Down (Back)Short Press Up (Volume Up)Short Press Down (Volume Down)That still leaves us without a Home command, but you pretty much need to have Menu and Back, and there's no point in having only one volume button. MAYBE we could somehow hack long/short presses on power as well, making one of them "Home".The problem is that I don't think that stuff is configurable on the fly like the volume hack is, so it would take recompiling code somewhere. Thoughts?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote name='derelicte;24210]both of these issues are problems with the launchers' date=' not pd. you need to bug those guys.[/QUOTE'] I know, but I have a feeling that those that make the launchers aren't concerned with how well our hacks work :)I was hoping that one of our forum users might know a trick to fix these problems.I'm definitely not blaming Pandigital.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Long press up pops up the keyboard for me, which has actually proven handy a few times when I needed a keyboard (searching through books by just typing in Aldiko, for example). I don't think long pressing down does anything. That would work fine for home, for me. Someone should get on that. ;)

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
For those of you with the Marketplace, try out "Soft Home" - it adds a home button to the notification bar and allow apps like Skyfire to work properly.I'd like to add: Improved video playback, and also an OS 2.1 upgrade. I'm wondering if my first request might actually require the other. 2.2 would be wonderful, but I'm trying to be realistic, here.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='roebeet;24253]an OS 2.1 upgrade. I'm wondering if my first request might actually require the other. 2.2 would be wonderful' date=' but I'm trying to be realistic, here.[/QUOTE'] My understanding is that Samsung does not do too well with providing development support. People with the Samsung Moment phone are mostly on their own for Froyodevelopment, whereas most HTC phones were able to run 2.2 as soon as AOSP was released, even though the manufacturer did not officially support them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.