Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Google has announced the App Inventer for Androidhttp://appinventor.googlelabs.com
You can build just about any app you can imagine with App Inventor. Often people begin by building games like WhackAMole or games that let you draw funny pictures on your friend's faces. You can even make use of the phone's sensors to move a ball through a maze based on tilting the phone.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I am very interested in this. In fact, I have already signed up. As an educator (I teach k-8), there is definitiely a place for these inexpensive Android powered tablets in special education. When a tablet that can help a kid read and write can be rolled out for about $100 versus a computer for much more, the math is inescapable. There are good apps already for sure in the Market Place, but more are needed.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Signed up also. Noted that you must have device attached by usb. I've been having problems with that. if I attach by 30 pin connector M003 Locks up and requires reboot. 2 different cables. Will try different PC tonight.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I never learned to reaaad!!! [sobs]

·
Registered
101 Posts
sonichate;17040 said:
Still awaiting reply
Don't sit back and wait for it unless you don't have anything else to do. It can take many days or even weeks before you receive a reply.

·
Registered
97 Posts
This all sounds very good, IN THEORY.......However, it stinks of one-upmanship from google in their attempt to usurp the app store by the end of the year or maybe 1st quarter of 2011.I really do wonder just how they are going to deliver the apps once they have been created. It also makes me wonder how the apps are going to be approved? Are google going down the same road as the fruity one? Are they going to review the app for market, then decline it on some premise that it is not up to the standard they require only for it (or a very similar app) to appear a few weeks later as a PREMIUM app!!!! Yup talking from experience :(I would read the disclaimers very carefully folks and remember. IF you want to create apps, keep them FREE (or very cheap if you must charge) and make the code open so that we can all access it and make it better! EH rockchip.........

·
Registered
10 Posts
McMadd;17167 said:
Don't sit back and wait for it unless you don't have anything else to do. It can take many days or even weeks before you receive a reply.
I'm not.. I actually Havent Received my apad yet...I am Planning on getting one for porting a basin Linux OS (er... other then android)And for starting app develpment and intergration.Anyone interested in starting a WIKI?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.