Android Tablets Forum banner
161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
hello slate users,

i know i know i've been away for a good awhile and haven't been active and haven't been updating this wonderful thread. i'm here to give you guys good news though.

Lately i have been away due to family matters and mainly work. Now though i do intend on doing a re-work on thbe first post like cleaning up somne info. and Linking you to all the latest scripts, Info. and ROMS!

be looking forward to coming back here soon. should start to work by Thursday of this week

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
sup slate users,

some changes have been made to the first post. let me know what you think

also the Thread Title has been changed so hopefully Thread will be sticked as lots of users suggested in the past
you guys are awesome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Excellent Thread, Great job WAI

and 100% agree

ICS v4.0.4 IVI CM9 very very Stable ICS ROM! Recommanded!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Glad to see you're back Wai!

I like the re-write.

·
Registered
497 Posts
hey guys,

i have added the newtech JB ROM. it's a easy install but do note some things

That work:

-HDMI
-Sound
-vibrate
-Screen rotate (G-Senor)
-Camera (taking pictures)

Doesn't work:

-Wifi! (Yes it's a shame but sure to be fixed with next build hopefully)
-Camera video (Trying to record will crash camera App.)
-Games/benchmark Apps. (games or Benchmark Apps. didn't seem to load at all. maybe a Mali-400 Driver issue)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wai have I ever told you that I love you,..... wai I love you.
Could you give me a little advice on which ics rom has flash or could have flash

·
Registered
497 Posts
Wai have I ever told you that I love you,..... wai I love you.
Could you give me a little advice on which ics rom has flash or could have flash
hehe thanks man!

i am using 4.0.4 Final and i would recommend using newtech's ROM on top of it. makes a bit of a difference. the JB ROM is great but without Wifi and the issue i pointed out it's a bust right now

·
Registered
497 Posts
i have added the following Q&A to first post

[In CWM I can't seem to restore any of my recovery Images. what's wrong?]
-Connect your Novo7 to your PC and create Folders clockworkmod and backup and place in Root of Internal Memory or your Micro SD Card (the backup Folder MUST! be in the clockworkmod Folder so your Directory should look like this clockworkmod/backup

·
Registered
137 Posts
banging head against wall.... wai how do i install the newtech isc 4.04, ill download all three tired extracting them with 7zip, tired clockworking them in three parts, tried with the extracted version tried live suit, but there is no img file except recovery img... i have cymogen mod ics 4.03 installed right now is that the promblem do i need tot install 4.04 final first im downloading as i typed and will mess around with it when done.... I've gotta old and noob-ish in my ways please point me in the right direction... did i mention i love you/ i cant find the pdf help file you talk about im guessing its in the live suit pack?

·
Registered
95 Posts
banging head against wall.... wai how do i install the newtech isc 4.04, ill download all three tired extracting them with 7zip, tired clockworking them in three parts, tried with the extracted version tried live suit, but there is no img file except recovery img... i have cymogen mod ics 4.03 installed right now is that the promblem do i need tot install 4.04 final first im downloading as i typed and will mess around with it when done.... I've gotta old and noob-ish in my ways please point me in the right direction... did i mention i love you/ i cant find the pdf help file you talk about im guessing its in the live suit pack?
Hey Jebus, the newtech isc 4.0.4 image is actually a CWM "backup". You need to restore it as if it was a backup you took. Not as a update zip. So after you extract them with 7zip, copy them to your external SD card into a folder "clockworkmod\backup\2012-07-28.19.09.46". Then boot the tablet to recovery, and go to "Backup and Recovery". Recover the 2012-07-28.19.09.46 backup.

I never tried recovering from CM9 to this image so you might experience issues.

Let us know if more detail is needed.

Good Luck!

~JPC

·
Registered
13 Posts
can you please help me install the ICS v4.0.4 IVI CM9 i have livesuit installed and my computer recognizes my tablet in debug mode but am stuck after that

·
Registered
6 Posts
help me please

I try to upgrade ainol novo 7 advanced from stock 2.3.4 gingerbread rom plus i install recovery and root. after successfully upgrading rom to rom 2.3.4.IVI g-sensor does not work. I've tried to go to the display settings select auto-rotate screeen does not work and I tried again select the accelerometer coordinate system, select the default cordinate and special cordinate not work please solution

·
Registered
196 Posts
i am using 4.0.4 Final and i would recommend using newtech's ROM on top of it. makes a bit of a difference.
Took your suggestion, and this works great. This combination is the most stable ics rom I've used(including official and cm9). No more spontaneous reboots! Thanks!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey,

good day to all masters, need help on how to revive deep brick Cherry Mobile Tornado after flashing to wrong firmware.. Please see attached picture regarding board details. Thanks! Any help and suggestions is very much appreciated..

Attachments

161 - 178 of 178 Posts