Android Tablets Forum banner
141 - 160 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey all,

If anyone knows. Is there a way to reboot the AN7? I mean like on a pc, you have restart, shutdown, hibernate etc. When I hold the power button to shutdown the options are, standby, power off or cancel but no restart or reboot.

If there is a way by menu or otherwise?

Jellico

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey all,

If anyone knows. Is there a way to reboot the AN7? I mean like on a pc, you have restart, shutdown, hibernate etc. When I hold the power button to shutdown the options are, standby, power off or cancel but no restart or reboot.

If there is a way by menu or otherwise?

Jellico
There is an App named "REBOOT" on the Market that will give you the options you are seeking.

George

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is an App named "REBOOT" on the Market that will give you the options you are seeking.

George
Many thanks George, I'll go check it out. I had seen another tablet, HP I think, and it had a reboot function in the settings menu, handy when changing (modifying) only a few lines in build prop.

Jellico

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
After days of flashing, reflashing and doing it again, I have got my Novo7a running - that was a learning curve! My status now shows:-

Android 4.0.3,
Baseband version0.3Newtech25.com,
kernel vbersion 3.0.8+ [email protected] #8
Build number crane_aino-eng 4.0.3 IML74K eng.

The only error I got/get is on running the Newtech script apps install, where it gives an INSTALL FAILED MISSING SHARED LIBRARY LINE.APK Failure. Otherwise it runs through smoothly.

However, HMDI is not working with my LCD tv and I cannot find any option in settings that refer to it. All I get is a fuzzy screen. I have also found that Flash Player is still not working as some sites which use it dont work.

Any suggestions?

Mags
as already pointed out. Flash doesn't work on this ICS Build. only with the youtube App does Flash work sadly. expect though a new Build released sometime soon to resolve this minor issue

WAI

ps - can't comment on HDMI. works fine on my PC ASUS 22.1'Inch LCD Monitor but only with a slight screen flicker only happens once or twice

·
Registered
9 Posts
as already pointed out. Flash doesn't work on this ICS Build. only with the youtube App does Flash work sadly. expect though a new Build released sometime soon to resolve this minor issue

WAI

ps - can't comment on HDMI. works fine on my PC ASUS 22.1'Inch LCD Monitor but only with a slight screen flicker only happens once or twice
,l

Thanks for the reply - using it with my LG lcd - the actual hdmi slot works ok with other things - I'm sure I've seen a script somewhere to cure it just that there is nothing in the menus that refer to 'output' other than usb. If I find anything I'll let you know

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello again all,

I keep getting getting "device not compat....blah, blah" but only with gameloft games. They download just fine but when I go to run them the error comes up. After reading many. many posts and forums it seems that by changing a few line in the build prop ought to fix this.

My question is, of the two mods listed below which one if any is more suitable to the Novo7A taking into account the gpu-mail and the cpu or if you know of a better one please chime in.

Here they are.

ro.product.model=GT-I9100
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US

ro.product.model=DROID2 GLOBAL
ro.product.brand=verizon
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US

Thanks, Jellico

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, Does anyone know what's the default size of internal storage memory of the 8GB device?? Mine states approx 1GB for the internal storage. The problem is now I've got only 98 MB left on my internal storage (0.89GB used). What's weird is I dont think i used that much data for internal storage. I've calculated all the size of apps that use system/phone memory which amounts about 220 MB in total (got it from manage app --> all). Then where's the rest missing?? Knowing that i have low on space of internal(phone) memory, I can no longer install any apps that is using phone memory (internal storage). Also, why cant i install any apps with the remaining of 98MB memory space??? It keeps saying something about low internal space and needs removing.

It's super annoying especially when I still have 4GB free memory of SD Card(internal flash)storage and I cant do much about it
. I am using the latest feiyu fw, and lordsbm 2.0.3 script.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hi, Does anyone know what's the default size of internal storage memory of the 8GB device?? Mine states approx 1GB for the internal storage. The problem is now I've got only 98 MB left on my internal storage (0.89GB used). What's weird is I dont think i used that much data for internal storage. I've calculated all the size of apps that use system/phone memory which amounts about 220 MB in total (got it from manage app --> all). Then where's the rest missing?? Knowing that i have low on space of internal(phone) memory, I can no longer install any apps that is using phone memory (internal storage). Also, why cant i install any apps with the remaining of 98MB memory space??? It keeps saying something about low internal space and needs removing.

It's super annoying especially when I still have 4GB free memory of SD Card(internal flash)storage and I cant do much about it
. I am using the latest feiyu fw, and lordsbm 2.0.3 script.
Install the ClockWorkMod 5.0.2.7 Recovery for Ainol Novo7 Advanced (using Gingerbread Firmware).
There, you can re-create and format the SDCard partition. I suggest not to touch other partition as they might being use by the Recovery ROM.

·
Registered
95 Posts
hey you slatedroid users look @1st post in the news section for today's news
I noticed something with the new mod script. Lordsbm hasn't put it on his thread yet so I'm posting this here.

The prompt to chose which build.prop file has a small error in it, but it can be confusing...

It asks if you want to install a language again. and asks you to choose "e or t". See snippet from script:

cls
echo Do you want to install Language?
echo ---------------------------
echo A. GT-I9100.
echo B. Newtech25.com
echo ---------------------------
set /p choice=Choose e or t:
if %choice%==a goto build_1
if %choice%==b goto build_2

So you can ignore the language question, and ignore the "Choose e or t" and just press A for GT-I9100 or B for the Newtech25.com build.prop.

But I do LOVE the new boot ani!

~JPC

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
i notice this to but it wasn't confusing to me. lordsbm hasn't been active here nor on tabletrepublic for quite sometime now

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I have a question about setting the wallpaper on the 1.7.2 Firmware. Every time I go to set the wallpaper, even when in native resolution, it zooms in on the picture more than I like and I can't seem to find a way to fix this. Even with preloaded wallpapers, it does this. Also, when I rotate the screen to portrait view, then back to landscape view, the wallpaper will shift down for split second and then return to its normal position. I have tried downloading apps from the market to see if it's just an issue with the way that the programming within android sets the wallpaper with no luck. I did download an app called Wallpaper Wizardrii and when I mess around with that, I am able to get the wallpaper to look somewhat normal but not as it should be. I also have an ASUS EEE Pad Transformer with a more up to date version of Android that has no issues with this. So I am assuming it is an issue with just this firmware. Wondering if there is a way to fix this, like possibly a script or something because I really don't want to mess with flashing the ROM again. I flashed it to the latest version of ICS that Ainol put out, which I believe is 4.0.3, and it looks nice and all but the firmware is very buggy and I just can't use my tablet without the market. Anyway, after that I flashed it back to the 1.7.2 firmware which is Android 2.3.4 and it is the most stable I have found yet. So if there is anyway I can fix this problem that anyone knows of, it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
hi i have a novo 7 elf and is dead after uptate to ics 4.0
can u help me

thx
NOTE: be sure to have Livesuit up and a image File selected!

you should be able to re-flash with livesuit. while holding down the Vol+ button connect to PC then still while holding Vol+, press the power button 6 times or... until prompted to format with Livesuit

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd like to ask whether occasional flickering when the screen is dim is a general occurance with these or is mine "special". Forgive me if I overlooked any topics adressing this issue, but I searched and with some limited looking about and didn't find any posts where this had been adressed. I'm on ICS right now. Previously on gingerbread it used to flicker when left alone for more than a few seconds - mostly apparent while browsing or checking pdf's - I'd stop touching it and read and it'd flicker. On ICS it does this when the light setting is moderate to low and it's not been doing anything for quite a while.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just wanted to give a big thanks to WAI for his thread, was a HUGE help for me getting ICS on my Novo 7 Advanced. I tried a lot of the other ROMS on the forums but everyone I tried kept rebooting my device constantly. Downloaded the ICS 4.0.3 and newtechs script and ICS is working perfectly. Only have had 1 or 2 restarts since installing but both were most likely because I installed apk files that were made for other devices. VERY PLEASED with ICS! Thanks!

·
Registered
497 Posts
thank you everyone for your kind words and im happy to of helped so much. i have decided that i am going to sell my N7A. a Link to the auction will be up in the few weeks so look back for it here in a new post. my N7A has a screen protector on it and will comes with the following...

- the Device itself of course (N7A) (Comes with latest ICS Build 0308+Fully restored to factory Defaults)
- 16GB sandisk Micro SD-Card (Added the latest Ainol N7A ICS Firmware Image Novo7Advanced_0308)
- AC Charger
- Mini-to-HDMI Cable
- Micro USB-to-Full USB Dongle
- a pair of Sprayloud IEP which were cheap but pack great Sound Quality for the price (in box never OPENED!
)

be looking for the bidders soon. take care

141 - 160 of 178 Posts